Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Yours is the very, very slightly older brother to mine. I notice yours has a different serial number on the slide than on the frame. Someone will probably know what that's about. My slide/frame SNs match. Does your test target have a date? Mine does not and I am curious as to it's date of birth.

As far as value goes, I paid $400 for mine at the local pawn shop and it is in similar shape to yours and came with the box, papers, and 4 mags. Probably the best Walther deal I will ever get. I wouldn't sell it for twice that. It is my favorite Walther to shoot and one of the top few guns in my entire collection. No idea what it would bring on Gunbroker and I'll never find out as I'll be dead the next time it sells.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.22 PPK/S

Mine did not come with a test target since I did not buy it NIB. I did edit the last number out from the serial number on the slide.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Mine did not come with a test target since I did not buy it NIB. I did edit the last number out from the serial number on the slide.
Thanks for looking...I was hoping I would get mine dated. If you are checking on value because you are looking to sell it I hope you would decide to sell it here on the forum. There are more than a few here that would love to have it and would surely give it a new home.

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
My first PPK/s .22 cost $75 in 1971. My current one cost a bit more. Be happy to have it, and shoot it. They are wonderful pistols.
Moon

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Thanks for looking...I was hoping I would get mine dated.
If your gun is German made, take a look at German proof marks (right side above the trigger or at ejection port). This will help to date the gun.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
If your gun is German made, take a look at German proof marks (right side above the trigger or at ejection port). This will help to date the gun.
My bad, I looked at the wrong picture. There is no Made in Germany on my .22 it is exactly the same as the PPQDave's. It even came with the same grips.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Recently I have seen them sell on gunbroker in $500 range.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
It's not dated, but it's marked Made in France, with a Manurhin water-wheel. PPK/s pistols with those particular markings were made only for a couple of years, c. 1983.

M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts