Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new PPK/S 22 lr. Had 3 different brands o ammo. Whois not cycle Winchester high velocity. CC worked well didnthave many. Took it back to store, they are going to send it back to factory.
anyone else have this problem ?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Should have come here first. The PPK/S .22 is known for being ammo picky (many .22 automatics are). Clean burning, higher velocity ammo is must. Brands and products such as CCI Mini Mags or equivalent should be used if possible. I’ve had good service from Remington Golden (But not the ones in the bucket), Aquila makes some decent HV rounds too.

This pistol needs some break-in as there are several places on the slide and frame that rub. One way to reduce the break-in time is to remove the recoil spring, and after putting the slide back on, rack the slide vigorously several hundred times. Then clean and lightly lube the slide and other parts.

I’ve had mine for over 5 years, had some issues, but is still my favorite .22 to shoot. Accurate, nice feel of the grip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have come here first. The PPK/S .22 is known for being ammo picky (many .22 automatics are). Clean burning, higher velocity ammo is must. Brands and products such as CCI Mini Mags or equivalent should be used if possible. I’ve had good service from Remington Golden (But not the ones in the bucket), Aquila makes some decent HV rounds too.

This pistol needs some break-in as there are several places on the slide and frame that rub. One way to reduce the break-in time is to remove the recoil spring, and after putting the slide back on, rack the slide vigorously several hundred times. Then clean and lightly lube the slide and other parts.

I’ve had mine for over 5 years, had some issues, but is still my favorite .22 to shoot. Accurate, nice feel of the grip.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts