Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for a PPK with a serial number 768XXX to be an original RZM? The slide markings look correct but I read somewhere that the RZM's were from serial number 803XXX to 840XXX.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
As you've mentioned correct, earliest RZM were made in the 803xxx serial number range.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Can you provide close-up photos of both sides and particularly of the RZM schutzeichen mark?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Is it possible for a PPK with a serial number 768XXX to be an original RZM? The slide markings look correct but I read somewhere that the RZM's were from serial number 803XXX to 840XXX.
No, it's not. Production was a few years before the RZM contract was signed.

But it is possible that the slide is original but mismatched to the frame's serial number. You need to check the interior of the slide across from the ejection port for the last three digits of the frame serial number scratched into the metal.

Or as been inferred by earlier comments, the RZM marking has been faked.

I would tend to believe the first possibility.

Reactions: searcher451

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much for the prompt response. You saved me from making a costly mistake. Saw the item on Gunbroker and the seller could not answer my question about the serial number on the interior of the slide as he is travelling. I did not bid and the auction expired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts