Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a PPK with Party Leader grips, one side is cracked. How do I verify its authenticity and value? Serial #1766XX K. What is the best venue for selling? This has been in my family since the 1960's, and I am considering parting with it, but really unsure where to sell or what a reasonable price would be. Any advice/info is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Legacy collectables did a video on party leader grips not too long ago. Look them up on YouTube.

·
Registered
293 Posts
And here's Forgotten Weapons take on it. The guns are worth according to Ian a lot of money, and the grips are worth a lot of money as well. Apparently, the guns fall within a serial number range, but the Nazi grips could have been purchased by Nazis and put on PPKs by Nazis back in the day. Interesting video. The SN of the OP falls within the group, so that's good.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F8560AE15233E55F1794F8560AE15233E55&FORM=VIRE

·
Registered
826 Posts
Given the condition of the pistol and the grips, it would appear your grips are original. At one time, there was a gentleman who could repair PPK grips. He repaired a fractured grip extension magazine base for me. I have no idea if he is still at work.
In reality, there is now way to document the authenticity of a PPK with PL grips. There are no lists, nor any official serial number ranges. All ranges published were basically established by authors listing PL PPKs that were reported to them, with no way of verifying the authenticity of the pistol with the grips. Grips have been moved from poor condition pistols to those of better condition for many, many years by dealers and collectors. Unless you have an issued PL ausweis or training booklet with the issued PL PPK number, or have some original source Walther shipment documentation, or engraved pistols awarded in party shooting contests, you have no documentation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts