Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The recoil spring probably won't work well.

The ejector/slide stop may be different in length.

The rest of the parts are a definite maybe.

Good luck.

The PPK comes from an era when parts were fitted to the gun by hand. Parts might "drop in" but might not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also its a shame that someone is taking apart guns to sell them as parts. I read in another forum that these kits were coming in from Europe. Only legal way to get parts here and make money. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Parts kits have been around the shows I went to for years. Walthers were a little rare but about 20 years ago I did pick up a pre war commercial PPK kit that had a set of 95-98% grips (screw runs L to R), a high gloss 95% stripped slide and other assorted parts for $40 if my memory serves me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The grips I got are pretty nice. I am not an expert by any means, but they are up there in condition. I have a picture of my PPK with the grips on, but I took them off immediately and put on some made in India grips. I didn't even put the screw in so I would not do something dumb and over tighten it.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Whether those .32 parts will fit depends a lot on the specific PPK .380 you wish to put them on.

The recoil spring and ejector are definitely not interchangeable. The internal decocking lever is unlikely to work correctly. The grip, hammer block and trigger bar might or might not fit a postwar gun. The hammer spring seat is redundant on a U.S. made PPK.

M

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the input. I will try to find a .380 slide, see if it fits and see how she functions. Hope for the best. I was about to send my HI-POWER to Cylinder and Slide, but looks like this frame has priority now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts