Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
Just came in to possession of a Walther PPK 7.65.... in very good shape. I have attached a photo that looks exactly like the one I just got.... My ser #2278xx with no letters after the number. On the left side of slide, there is an eagle over N proof stamp towards the rear of slide. Any help to find when it was made would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The "new one" refers to this being the first time I've seen somebody post a picture of a different gun than the one he's asking about.
Ahhh... ok, I do not have it in front of right now... but was able to find a photo online of one like it... Having difficulty finding much info on PPK without a letter following the ser #....

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
I have attached a photo that looks exactly like the one I just got.... On the left side of slide, there is an eagle over N proof stamp towards the rear of slide.
If your gun shows an eagle over N proof then it doesn't really look the same as the shown gun. In fact, the photo doesn't show a commercial PPK but a P21 used by German Bundeswehr instead.

Your gun probably was manufactured and proofed in 1967.

EDIT: After having a look at the gun in post #13 I'd say that it was made in 1968.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for your reply Balogh, your help is appreciated. I am not a collector by any means and wondering if this firearm is considered collectible or should i consider selling ? Thanks in advance
PNK

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.