Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new PPK by S&W. Question is about the magazine with the finger rest. In the store it was next to a used Interarms. Want to make sure I got the right magazine & that someone looking at both did not mix them up. As the Interarms finger rest has indents on the side of the rest where as the S&W is slab sided, any ideas?? The one I have is different also at the finger rest then the PPK/S (S&W), that one is indented.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also noticed it compared to my PPK/S finger extension on the magazine & it is also wider then the regular Walther finger extension. Spoke with S&W & they said the style has not changed, so how did I get this non-PPK finger rest on a brand new pistol.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sounds like it got swapped to me. If it doesn't bother you and the magazine works well, no problem. But if your dealer hasn't sold the interarms one yet, you could probably swap it out I'd think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, it didn't get swapped.

Smith has gone to a different company for manufacturing their PPK and PPK/S magazines. The slab-side bases are normal, as is the shiny finish.

They apparently had a large amount of the old Interarms mags, and once that stock ran out, they went to a different supplier.

These are also the same mags Smith ships when you order spares...saw a guy that bought four extra, they were all slabsided bases with shiny finishes, complete in the S&W factory boxes.

My opinion: while these new mags probably work just fine, they look "cheap" compared to the old style Interarms mags.

Fortunately, large amounts of the old style mags can be had at gunshows, just be ready to pay scalpers prices for them..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I like the new style finger rests better. They are wider which gives me a more sturdy and comfortable shooting grip. I would trade my two original style finger rests for the newer style . Any takers??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.