Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a spare magazine that I picked up for my Zella-Mehlis PPK .32 several weeks ago. The Mec-Gar's that I've got work fine but I wanted something closer in age to my pistol. Last week I finally got around to shooting it.

Its got a serial number stamped into the baseplate. According to Marschall this may have been for a Luftwaffe contract. What's interesting is that on mine one digit is overstruck. Has anyone seen another one like this ?

Attachments

Registered
Luftwaffe mags were numbered. But, I鈥檝e never seen one with the mag numbered with the 1 or 2 on it. I believe only the SS mags were numbered with the 1 or 2 designation. Hopefully some of the more advanced collectors will jump in.... I鈥檝e seen all kinds of overstrikes on mags thru the years.

Premium Member
Agree SS mags were stamped with a 1 and 2 but they were stamped on the spine.

Any serials on the base plate could be moved, and there would be on way to stamp a magazine with a finger rest base plate.

Registered
So were police magazines also marked with a 1and 2. I have a Mauser HSc eagle F wit two matching magazines also labeled 1 and 2. On the bottom toe of each magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.