Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Von Stavenhagen sights are sometimes called dot over bar. A little similar to a Heinie Straight Eight. You'll see them a lot on older Walther and Sig pistols. Beretta still uses them sometimes. When I first learned about them I thought they were a stupid idea until I tried them. Now its one of my favorite styles of sight picture.

In my pictures below the PPK slide on the right uses von Stavenhagen sights. The closeup is the rear of my Sig P226.
Ah, I see. My Walthers all have the Von Stabenhagen sights. I learned something new today; thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Balogh, is the trigger face of your PPK-L smooth or grooved ? Are the sights all black or von Stavenhagen ?
It has the grooved trigger surface and the modern sights with the white markings on it. Both features got introduced in 1968. My PPK-L shown here was proofed in 1980.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Ah, I see. My Walthers all have the Von Stabenhagen sights. I learned something new today; thanks.
Your new PPK-L is an early 1968 model still featuring the older style sights and the smooth trigger surface.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Ah, I see. My Walthers all have the Von Stavenhagen sights. I learned something new today; thanks.
Now that you've received the PPK-L you may have already noticed that it has the older style sights without the white markings which is a disadvantage in case of low light conditions.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts