Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here.
I would like to find information on my PPK serial # 116848 A.
Made in West Germany
Cal. 9mm kurz. No .380 markings.
Stamping on the barrel is: 66, and what looks like deer antlers.
Looking for date of manufacture and correct ammo to use, 9mm or .380?

I think I have read before, maybe on this forum, to only use 9mm kurz and not .380.
Gun store guys say 9mm and .380 are the same. 9mm kurz are hard to find.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Gustav

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

The "66/antler" is the year your PPK was proofed so it was probably made in 1966.

9mm kurz and .380 ACP are just different names for the same cartridge. In the US it will almost always be labeled as .380 ACP. I've had good luck with Winchester white box, Remington/UMC green and white box, and Sellier and Bellot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

The "66/antler" is the year your PPK was proofed so it was probably made in 1966.

9mm kurz and .380 ACP are just different names for the same cartridge. In the US it will almost always be labeled as .380 ACP. I've had good luck with Winchester white box, Remington/UMC green and white box, and Sellier and Bellot.

Thanks for the info Redcat94. One more question: 鈥淒oes the 鈥淎鈥 at the end of the serial number mean anything? Thanks, Gustav

Registered
Welcome to the forum.

My West German PPK/S is S/N 1471xxS (1972 vintage).

Some of my Walther PPK/S(s) have trouble feeding the Remington/UMC because of the sharp edges on the brass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts