Walther Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Well, I'm flashed about the prices. 600$ for the gun and 40$ for used grips? Great to live in Germany!

·
Super Moderator
7,524 Posts
Ah... Police surplus.
That's the source of most of the PPs we see over here. They were cheaper, and much more abundant, some years back.
Moon
Redcat, you have apparently spent some time dickering for guns. ;)
M

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
The question is: Is the interested person able to find a certified German dealer for export to the USA and a US-dealer for import. It's a PP...

Perhaps Scott (pilkguns) is able to help ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I'm flashed about the prices. 600$ for the gun and 40$ for used grips? Great to live in Germany!
Sarkastisch oder im Ernst?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Natürlich im Ernst. Wer zahlt in Deutschland für eine "verstempelte" PP aus Polizeibeständen mehr als sagen wir 80€? Plus Unkosten und nötige "Verbindungen" würde ich woanders landen in meiner Kalkulation...

·
Super Moderator
7,524 Posts
The question is: Is the interested person able to find a certified German dealer for export to the USA and a US-dealer for import. It's a PP...

Perhaps Scott (pilkguns) is able to help ;)
The rub here is the GCA'68. The PPK has not been legal to import since that date. There are some here that arrived pre-68, and some here that came for Law Enforcement, or others with enough clout to use LE letterhead. A few may have come back with GIs, who got them at PXs in Germany. None of the imports were stainless.
But trying to get one in now is likely impossible, and of course the problem gave birth to the PPK/s. Is anyone aware of a work-around?
For the OP, be patient, seek and ye shall find.
This is both the appeal, and the curse, of unusual guns, and the frequent caveat about actually carrying such. They just can't be replaced on demand.
Moon

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I know, I like the PPK, Moon. But we are talking about a PP, chambered in 7,65mm, a German police surplus...

·
Super Moderator
7,524 Posts
Sorry, Martin, didn't realize we had shifted gears.
Yes, assuming a cooperative agent on both ends.
And I long for the days when very nice police turn-ins were available,and abundant, for $250.
The .32 just wasn't a hit until the cognoscenti figured out it was the way to go.
Moon

·
Registered
204 Posts
In Germany nowadays you get almost new PPs in caliber 7.65mm/.32ACP (no police surplus) for "einen Apfel und ein Ei", as we say in Germany. (Literal translation "for an apple and an egg", analogous translation "for peanuts").
Most of these PPs come from old hunters who no longer hunt or from heirs of deceased hunters. But nowadays the caliber 7.65mm is considered too weak for finishing shots at wounded game and one uses at least 9mm Luger for this.
And for the catch hunt, 7.65mm is too strong, so you take for that 22lr or 22win magnum.
7.65mm is also too weak as a defense caliber.
As a result, almost nobody in Germany wants 7.65mm pistols anymore, at best officially registered gun collectors, but they seek for rare and unusual versions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Natürlich im Ernst. Wer zahlt in Deutschland für eine "verstempelte" PP aus Polizeibeständen mehr als sagen wir 80€? Plus Unkosten und nötige "Verbindungen" würde ich woanders landen in meiner Kalkulation...
Ach so, danke. Here it's relatively difficult to find any PPK due to the GCA '68, etc. as mentioned by others. Even in this condition I wouldn't be surprised to find it go for $400-500 to someone who wants a "shooter", or a collector who simply MUST have a Manurhin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ach so, danke. Here it's relatively difficult to find any PPK due to the GCA '68, etc. as mentioned by others. Even in this condition I wouldn't be surprised to find it go for $400-500 to someone who wants a "shooter", or a collector who simply MUST have a Manurhin.
I went by there, today, and bought a Manurhin-made, Interarms imported Walther PPK/S in 9mm kurz and the Manurhin-branded PP was still there. I told them if it's there in a week, I'll show them a US$450.00 bid, but US$600.00 is too much for the condition this one is in with the "Walther" obliterated, the Bavarian Police marking struck out, lots of holster wear, and the broken grip panel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went by there, today, and bought a Manurhin-made, Interarms imported Walther PPK/S in 9mm kurz and the Manurhin-branded PP was still there. I told them if it's there in a week, I'll show them a US$450.00 bid, but US$600.00 is too much for the condition this one is in with the "Walther" obliterated, the Bavarian Police marking struck out, lots of holster wear, and the broken grip panel.
I'd agree. Where I live I'd not bid over $400. Not going to be a market for such a handgun in this area, with the all of the problems you've listed.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts