Walther Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
We're getting way off topic now, but I think the PPS Classic, especially the First Edition German guns, will be the first wave of collectable "plastic" Walther pistols.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I think the PPS Classic, especially the First Edition German guns, will be the first wave of collectable "plastic" Walther pistols.
Based on comments that I've read on WaltherForums over the years I think the P99 is already the first. Especially the Gen 1's. The PPS M1 would probably be a distant second.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I wanted another. I would find a cheap WWII or a Manurhin in fair to poor condition and have it Hard Chromed.

Hard Crome looks spectacular and is, truly rust proof (if properly applied) as opposed to “stain less”.

Or, enjoy the hunt!
What’s a reasonable price to pay in today’s market for a blued .32 PPK (Interarms or earlier)? I’ve bid on a few on gunbroker but they seem to always get too close to $2k for my liking. Am I being too cheap?

·
Registered
204 Posts
What’s a reasonable price to pay in today’s market for a blued .32 PPK (Interarms or earlier)? I’ve bid on a few on gunbroker but they seem to always get too close to $2k for my liking. Am I being too cheap?
Recommendation from Germany: Maybe you should watch egun.de and auctronia.de. These are two auction platforms for weapons in Germany. There the prices for a PP or PPK in caliber 7.65 mm are far from "moon prices" like 2000 dollars.
There are certainly dealers in the USA who will take care of the export from Germany and the import into the USA for you.
Even with the resulting fees and taxes, you'll be well below 2k.
Such purchases in Germany have already been made by other American forum members, as you could sometimes read.
Maybe they can give you advice and recommendations.
Edited:
It just occurred to me that since 1968 a normal PPK has not been able to be imported into the USA. Well, then my advice above is probably done. This probably explains the "moon prices" for a PPK made in Germany.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
There are certainly dealers in the USA who will take care of the export from Germany and the import into the USA for you. Even with the resulting fees and taxes, you'll be well below 2k.
That's actually not a bad idea. However, it would require a greater investment in time on the part of the buyer. Navigating a German language auction won't be an easy task for the average American. I had a hard enough time ordering the new Walther book from Tradition GmbH.

It just occurred to me that since 1968 a normal PPK has not been able to be imported into the USA. Well, then my advice above is probably done. This probably explains the "moon prices" for a PPK made in Germany.
Unfortunately that's only part of it. US production of the PPK .32 was very limited so even those are rare here. The common pistols are the PP .22 and .32 and the PPK .380.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I believe, here are some German speaking/reading members 'on board' to help. It's just a question need to ask ;) ...

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you have a German-language website translated by Google Translate and then display both websites side by side on the screen of your PC, it shouldn't be a major problem to order something from the German website.
I did that some time ago on a Spanish website.
Sometimes images are missing in the Google translation, but this should not be a problem for understanding the German website and when placing an order there.
If you can't view both websites at the same time, leaving them both open and jumping back and forth between the two is just more cumbersome.
With Google Translate, in my experience, such serious errors are not to be expected that an order is not placed on the original website or is placed incorrectly.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
But to be clear: You'll need a German licensed dealer for export and also an US-licensed dealer for import!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Speaking of... Think this Manurhin PP in 7.65mm is worth US$600.00?

In spite of the broken grip and the obvious wear, it presents really well.

First time I've seen the "Walther" \\\\\\'d out, though. But... I'm still new at this.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Think this Manurhin PP in 7.65mm is worth US$600.00?
That sounds a little high to me. Maybe $450-500. I don't recognize the mark below the magazine release. It looks light it might be a canceled police property mark.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That sounds a little high to me. Maybe $450-500. I don't recognize the mark below the magazine release. It looks light it might be a canceled police property mark.
Thanks!

I was thinking it was a little high, too. It's clearly not been refinished, but it doesn't look like it's been abused, either.

I found some "used, factory Manurhin grips", but I have my doubts they're original. I suspect they're a reproduction. Which, for a non-collector's item pistol would be just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I found some "used, factory Manurhin grips", but I have my doubts they're original. I suspect they're a reproduction.
I've never seen anyone selling reproduction Manurhin grips as those pistols aren't as collectible. But I've been wrong before. You've got me curious about that now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never seen anyone selling reproduction Manurhin grips as those pistols aren't as collectible. But I've been wrong before. You've got me curious about that now.
They may not be reproductions. I've been doing a little more research and they're priced about right for even some that are available that are obviously "vintage".

If I could get the pistol priced right, $40.00 for a set of Manurhin grips to replace the broken one certainly wouldn't hurt too much. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
If I could get the pistol priced right, $40.00 for a set of Manurhin grips to replace the broken one certainly wouldn't hurt too much. :unsure:
Try to negotiate with them. Point out every flaw and blemish. The mutilated police propery mark. Tell them it's "only" a Manurhin and not a "real" Walther.

How does the bore look ? What kind of magazine does it have ?

The PP .32 is probably my favorite Walther pistol. For the right price that could make a great shooter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try to negotiate with them. Point out every flaw and blemish. The mutilated police propery mark. Tell them it's "only" a Manurhin and not a "real" Walther.

How does the bore look ? What kind of magazine does it have ?

The PP .32 is probably my favorite Walther pistol. For the right price that could make a great shooter.
Thanks!

The store's closed on Sundays, so I'll head up there, tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes. :)

101 - 120 of 133 Posts