Walther Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,674 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
8" Target Pistol? Must be a PP Sport, single action...

·
Registered
22 Posts
That’s for sure! I also own a PP 8” Target pistol. Great trigger!
I contacted Tom from Legacy Collectibles and he told me the 8” model is more scarce as fewer was produced. I am looking forward to do some vermin culling at my mother in laws farm when we travel there for vacation.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
DA, am I not fortunate? Or is the DAO better?
Anyone with an 8" PP Sport is fortunate.

The trigger on the SAO version is better but those are rare and I don't know of any way to tell the difference just by looking at them externally. If you ever come across a PP Sport in person check how it operates. Note that the decocking lever works normally but the trigger can't be pulled when it's forward and in what would typically be the DA position. If it's SAO buy it.

I contacted Tom from Legacy Collectibles and he told me the 8” model is more scarce as fewer was produced.
He's right. Rarest of all would be a SAO 8" I suppose but I've never seen one. That's why I asked about yours.

Here's a few of mine. The 6" PP Sport is a SAO model. The 8" is the standard DA/SA. The PP and PPK are also .22's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
8" Target Pistol? Must be a PP Sport, single action...
My 8" is DA. Maybe someone swapped parts around to make it but I've never seen an 8" for sale advertised as SAO. Even my 6" wasn't listed as SAO when I purchased it. I just got lucky.

I don't think that most people even know that the SAO model exists.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
You guys in the US may have things, we Europeans never will know... ;)

I know about 'sporting' models, why DA (flöt)?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a meager collection of Walthers. Both PP’s and PPK’s
All .32 except a .22 PPK/s.

A Stainless PPK in .32 was on my radar for years. Took a while to find one. It’s really my favorite carry PPK as I have military grade corrosive sweat.

Also a late war Police PPK (grey grips stored separately)

And a West German Polizie, 1975.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Shooter I meant to also say that I'm pretty sure Ft Smith is not manufacturing the PPK in .32 and probably won't. I'm with you in liking the .32 but the recent trend in small self defense firearms is 9mm. There are several options that hold the more powerful round, hold more rounds and are just as small. Are they as pretty as a PPK....not a chance. 1917
I have a Kimber Micro 9 stainless that is about the same size as a ppk. It is plenty pretty and holds 8 rounds of 9mm. It isn't too bad to shoot either.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Give 'em another 80-90 years and let's see...
A Kimber will never have the panache of a PPK.

I do wonder though how space colonists will view things in the future. Will they prefer a "classic" polymer and MIM Glock 76 made on Earth or will they stick to their 3D printed Martian Gigafactory pistols ? Will they look at walnut grips the same way we do with ivory ?

81 - 100 of 133 Posts