Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been interested in buying a PPK in .32 ACP. I have been trying to get a new one or in a new condition, because the old ones seem to be worth a lot more money because of their historical significance. Did Walther ever produce the PPK in .32 ACP in the United States? Does anyone know where there is a PPK in .32 ACP for sale? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Try Gunbroker. Be ready to spend $1,500 - $ 2,200 and up, although you might get lucky. I have both a PPK/S and a PPK in .32ACP, and no, they are not for sale.

Interarms, (actually Ranger Mfg Co.) under license of Walther, did manufacture some in stainless, but they are hard to find and even harder to get their owners to sell them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Smith and Wesson also produced PPK and PPK/S pistols chambered in .32 ACP. They are shooting good pistols.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try Gunbroker. Be ready to spend $1,500 - $ 2,200 and up, although you might get lucky. I have both a PPK/S and a PPK in .32ACP, and no, they are not for sale.

Interarms, (actually Ranger Mfg Co.) under license of Walther, did manufacture some in stainless, but they are hard to find and even harder to get their owners to sell them.
I have seem some ppk in .32 acp, but not in the color I want. I want a ppk in .32 acp in stainless with black grips. And I have not found a single one. Where do you think they are at?

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Interarms, using the Ranger Mfg Co in Gadsden, Alabama did manufacture some PPK and PPK/S pistols under license from Carl Walther chambered for .32ACP in Stainless Steel. I don't know about the S&W ones, and I stay away from those anyway. I have a Stainless PPK, probably like something you are looking for except this one is nicely hand engraved and has select parts plated in 24K gold. Oh, and it has black grips too. (Plus some nice aftermarket wood grips shown in pic #4 as well).

I also have this pistol's bigger brother, a Stainless PPK/S in .380ACP with the same treatment, (Pics # 3 and 4) and a very nice PPK/S in plain (non-engraved) Stainless Steel in .32ACP (Pic #5) with the black grips. The plain jane model PPK/S in .32ACP is an especially awesome, incredibly accurate little pistol. I can drill holes in the holes at the range with this gun all day. Or until I run out of ammo...
Gold PPK 2.jpg
Gold PPK 1.jpg
1.jpg
Gold Pair.jpg
PPKS .32ACP right.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interarms, using the Ranger Mfg Co in Gadsden, Alabama did manufacture some PPK and PPK/S pistols under license from Carl Walther chambered for .32ACP in Stainless Steel. I don't know about the S&W ones, and I stay away from those anyway. I have a Stainless PPK, probably like something you are looking for except this one is nicely hand engraved and has select parts plated in 24K gold. Oh, and it has black grips too. (Plus some nice aftermarket wood grips shown in pic #4 as well).

I also have this pistol's bigger brother, a Stainless PPK/S in .380ACP with the same treatment, (Pics # 3 and 4) and a very nice PPK/S in plain (non-engraved) Stainless Steel in .32ACP (Pic #5) with the black grips. The plain jane model PPK/S in .32ACP is an especially awesome, incredibly accurate little pistol. I can drill holes in the holes at the range with this gun all day. Or until I run out of ammo...
View attachment 98647 View attachment 98648 View attachment 98654 View attachment 98655 View attachment 98656
Wow those are some very nice pistols. I was looking for something like the one in the last pic. Except that it is a ppk/s, I was looking for a ppk in .32 with the same color. Basically the same as the last pic but in ppk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I've been interested in buying a PPK in .32 ACP. I have been trying to get a new one or in a new condition, because the old ones seem to be worth a lot more money because of their historical significance. Did Walther ever produce the PPK in .32 ACP in the United States? Does anyone know where there is a PPK in .32 ACP for sale? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only stainless PPK in .32 would be made in USA, for the most part. They’re pretty rare as you know, but they do come up on gunbroker. Unfortunately the market prices are now beyond reality expectations. The Interarms pistols made in Alabama are excellent but again, absurdly priced. However, you can probably order a newly made one directly from Smith & Wesson. That said, they are somewhat different from a traditional PPK design. Most experienced fans of the pistols have come to accept USA Interarms but not S&W. I’m not sure if Manurhin ever imported a SS Pistol.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Wow those are some very nice pistols. I was looking for something like the one in the last pic. Except that it is a ppk/s, I was looking for a ppk in .32 with the same color. Basically the same as the last pic but in ppk.
Yes, I know your interest is in a stainless PPK. There may be one pop up on GunBroker, if so you can bet yourself that I will be bidding on it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only stainless PPK in .32 would be made in USA, for the most part. They’re pretty rare as you know, but they do come up on gunbroker. Unfortunately the market prices are now beyond reality expectations. The Interarms pistols made in Alabama are excellent but again, absurdly priced. However, you can probably order a newly made one directly from Smith & Wesson. That said, they are somewhat different from a traditional PPK design. Most experienced fans of the pistols have come to accept USA Interarms but not S&W. I’m not sure if Manurhin ever imported a SS Pistol.
How do you order a newly made one from Smith and Wesson. And how different is the Smith and Wesson design from traditional ppk design?

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do you order a newly made one from Smith and Wesson. And how different is the Smith and Wesson design from traditional ppk design?
Ok. Walther themselves are marketing their own pistols now. They’ve taken them away from S&W.
Contact them directly at 479-242-8500 Ext. 507.

They are located in Arkansas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. Walther themselves are marketing their own pistols now. They’ve taken them away from S&W.
Contact them directly at 479-242-8500 Ext. 507.

They are located in Arkansas.
Thank you so much and Walther can make a PPK .32 ACP stainless if I request one?

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Welcome Shooter101. If you want to purchase a firearm, they are available at gun shops, on-line from gun shops, at gun shows, from friends and family and from sites like Gunbroker. There is also a for sale and want to purchase section here. It is illegal to sell a firearm across a State line without going through a Federal Firearm Licensed (FFL) shop/individual. If I had a pistol you wanted and you were out of state I could have my FFL license holder ship the pistol to your FFL shop. In instances where firearms are sold through a FFL holders you as the purchaser would have go through at a minimum a short background check. This is done by the shop while you are there and takes about 10 minutes. Most charge $20 or so for their time. The Feds have one set of rules....Some States have additional requirements.

The new Umarex/Walther plant in Ft Smith, Arkansas manufactures, imports and distributes Walther products to gun shops around the US. They don't sell directly to the public. Same for Ruger, Smith and Wesson, etc. I'd advise you visit around here a bit, ask questions, familiarize yourself with Walther PPK, PP pistols as you begin you search. Pretty soon you will know what you are looking for and what price range a certain pistol will cost. Rarity is one driver of cost and so is condition. You find mint pistols for sale and some that have been badly treated. Obviously one will be more expensive than the other. The .32 ACP is really nice to shoot....not like that wrist breaking .380 in a blowback pistol. From your description you are wanting a stainless steel PPK and not a blued steel one. Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your search. 1917

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
You might also begin looking around where you live for a gun shop, pawn shop, etc. that has a FFL license and ask what they charge for handling the sales/background check. I pay $20 per transaction. Some gun shops here charge $150 which basically says, we want you purchasing firearms from us and not from somewhere else and using our FFL. Good enough, free country....I'll use the $20 guy. If you purchase a firearm in a gunshop there is usually no charge for the paperwork.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome Shooter101. If you want to purchase a firearm, they are available at gun shops, on-line from gun shops, at gun shows, from friends and family and from sites like Gunbroker. There is also a for sale and want to purchase section here. It is illegal to sell a firearm across a State line without going through a Federal Firearm Licensed (FFL) shop/individual. If I had a pistol you wanted and you were out of state I could have my FFL license holder ship the pistol to your FFL shop. In instances where firearms are sold through a FFL holders you as the purchaser would have go through at a minimum a short background check. This is done by the shop while you are there and takes about 10 minutes. Most charge $20 or so for their time. The Feds have one set of rules....Some States have additional requirements.

The new Umarex/Walther plant in Ft Smith, Arkansas manufactures, imports and distributes Walther products to gun shops around the US. They don't sell directly to the public. Same for Ruger, Smith and Wesson, etc. I'd advise you visit around here a bit, ask questions, familiarize yourself with Walther PPK, PP pistols as you begin you search. Pretty soon you will know what you are looking for and what price range a certain pistol will cost. Rarity is one driver of cost and so is condition. You find mint pistols for sale and some that have been badly treated. Obviously one will be more expensive than the other. The .32 ACP is really nice to shoot....not like that wrist breaking .380 in a blowback pistol. From your description you are wanting a stainless steel PPK and not a blued steel one. Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your search. 1917
Yes, I am looking for the stainless steel PPK in .32 ACP not the blued stainless steel version of it. I know how these gun transactions work. I was just having trouble finding this exact model. I appreciate the welcoming and look forward to learning more about these pistols. Thank you.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Shooter I meant to also say that I'm pretty sure Ft Smith is not manufacturing the PPK in .32 and probably won't. I'm with you in liking the .32 but the recent trend in small self defense firearms is 9mm. There are several options that hold the more powerful round, hold more rounds and are just as small. Are they as pretty as a PPK....not a chance. 1917

1 - 20 of 133 Posts