Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just signed up as a new member and find this site quite helpful. I have a PPK that was my Father's. The serial number is 210xxxK with a 60 degree safty and crown over N proof mark. Any help in year manufactured and app. worth would be greatly appreciated. I would estimate the gun to be on the scale of 85% to 90%. Thanks in advance for all help.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Your PPK was probably made in the early part of 1940 or maybe late 1939. The Crown over N changed to Eagle over N around April of 1940.

The value of the gun, without looking at it, is probably in the neighborhood of $500 to $600. This would depend on the condition of the grips also.

Hope this helps

Devin

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
dougmac,

Very nice PPK! It has a few blemishes here and there, but not bad for a 60 some odd year old gun. From looking at it, I'll stand by my original estimate of 1940 for the year of manufacture. May be late 1939 also. There's no special nazi markings on it that I can see and the grips look to be in good condition, so my estimate of $500 - $600 I'll also stand by.

Are you wanting to sell it?

Devin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again Devin thanks for the info. I am probably going to sell it. I am trying to purchase a new sporting clays shotgun and something needs to go before I bring something else to the house. I have never sold a handgun before and am trying to figure out the correct legal way to do it.
Thanks Dougmac

·
Registered
78 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dougmac @ Dec. 15 2003,11:15)]Again Devin thanks for the info. I am probably going to sell it. I am trying to purchase a new sporting clays shotgun and something needs to go before I bring something else to the house. I have never sold a handgun before and am trying to figure out the correct legal way to do it.
Thanks Dougmac
Doug,
Depending upon the State in which you reside you maybe able to do a face to face sale without going through any government paperwork. An out-of-state sale will require that you send the firearm to an FFL, for transfer to the buyer.

Check out the BATFe web page for answers to your questions (it is actually quite user friendly).

I have a PPK in the 230XXXK range, with the crown over N proof marks, so I would concur with P88 that your pistol was most likely produced in 1939.

Does your pistol have a loaded chamber indicator? Are there any cracks in the grips? (most likely places are around grip screws and in the rear [web area between thumb and index finger]). A fine sets of grips alone will bring $200.

The value of the pistol depends on numerous conditions, not least of which is the motivation of the buyer.

Good luck on your sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts