Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interarms ppks and I was shooting it with some gold dots this weekend (which didn't feed) and on shot 5, the hammer locked back against the frame and was stuck there.

Pulling the trigger, racking the slide, decocking etc. would not release the hammer. I had to remove the mainspring and drive out the hammer pin to get the hammer out.

I put it back to together and all seems well although I didn't have a chance to shoot it again.

Obviously this is not a good thing. I sometimes carry this gun and I really want something other than a single shot. Has anyone had this happen and what was the fix?

The only mod to the gun is a lighter mainspring and perhaps this is problem/fix.

The gun has been 100% reliable up to now w/ fmj and silvertips.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Would the decocker/safety move at all when the hammer was locked up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm .... dang, I don't remember. I think it was stuck too. What would be the significance of it not moving to the de-cock position?

And another question that I'm not sure about the answer. If there is a round in the chamber and the decocker is in the fire position, can the gun fire if it is dropped? I thought not, but I read somewhere that the firing pin could move forward if the decocker was in fire position.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just fishin'.

The decocker should push down on part #51 below to release the hammer. If the safety/decocker moves, then #51 wasn't stuck. Since neither the decocker nor the trigger would release the hammer, I'd be looking at the hammer assembly. That little leg that sticks out may be sticking (47-50).

I'm not a qualified gunsmith though, so it's entirely possible that I'm way off base. Just the ramblings of an interested shooter. Let us know if you discover what was hanging up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts