Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently found a '65 German PPK which is missing the firing pin w/spring and the loaded chamber indicator assy. It seems there are two types of firing pin for PPK (round vs square) and I've found conflicting information as to when the switch from square to round type happened (most sources say end of WWII, but I've also seen "late sixties" mentioned). So, could someone advise me which one to order? The gun is marked "Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do" on the slide and the number 65 and the "Walther antler" on the ejection port.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't live in US and thus would rather buy the parts from a domestic (to me) or EU vendor...customs forms etc. required for out-of-EU orders and the whole process can be a real PITA.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You may want to put your location in your profile so that people can help you better. Yours should have the square firing pin, but it depends on your safety. If someone changed the safety to the round type, then your would need a round FP, they will work either way as long as firing pin and safety match.

I have a round safety, firing pin and chamber indicator for sale, but I am in the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts