Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm a newbie here - apologies if this has already come up but I couldn't find anything when I did a search ...

I've come across examples (in Germany) of the 7.65 PPK manuf. at ZM as original factory cut-aways - intended for training / instructional purposes. Has anyone else come across similar examples?

Regards

Andy

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I wish I could remember where I found this...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
AndyUK
are you taking about a actual cutaway pistol or the cutaway drawings....
if you are talking pistols... no I never seen one....

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have never come across a cut-away; have seen a salesman sample before. A salesman sample is quite interesting, in that it contains all the parts layed-out in a unique format that helps facilitate a better understanding of how the pistol works mechanically.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PPK Cutaway

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I am referring to an actual example of a 7.65 PPK - Zella Mehlis which was cut away at the factory and used for instructional and training purposes. Where metal has been cut, it is painted red to more clearly depict the 'window' permitting a view of the relationship of the lockwork and other internal parts. These are non-firing (obviously!) instructional tools. The provenance sounds genuine - they look, smell and taste right - I'd just never seen examples before. I believe that original cut-aways are quite uncommon. I just wondered if anyone here had an example in their collection?

Regards

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Andy
If such a thing should be in anybodys collection..... I think you might be better off asking that question on the P38forum.........

Oliver

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Rereading your post, you were pretty clear. My bad.

I haven't heard of an example of a ppk cutaway, but recently I believe I saw a Glock cutaway for sale on ebay, so they might exist. Can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PPK cut aways

OK Thanks guys. Thought that this would probably be the case. I'll re-pose the question on the P38 forum, too.

I'll get back to you if I buy any of these.

Cheers for now.

Andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is a pic of a cut-away PPK that is for sale in Europe. The guy is asking 300 euros or so. Id like to buy it myself, but they are considered to be firearms here in the U.S., and im sure importing it would be expensive and difficult. Im a new member, so I cant post the attachment yet. but here is the URL

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic... I never even seen a pic of one... this is way cool.....:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
There seem to be a lot of cut-away guns in Europe. Ive seen makarovs, ak-47s, vz-58, hand grenades, ammo of all calibers, and quite a few other handguns and rifles. Ive also seen a lot of other cut-away items, like all sorts of machinery , motors, engines and that sort of thing. Im not totally sure if they are all factory items, or if people over there just like cutting stuff in half.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I am surprised to hear these are considered to be FFL items.....
that's just so stupid :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am surprised to hear these are considered to be FFL items.....
that's just so stupid :mad:
I was surprised as well. There was an ad in Shotgun News a while ago with cut-away Makarovs (I think) and they said they were FFL items. Ive also seen some for sale on gun auction sites, some sellers say they are an FFL item, but some say they arent. As for the cutaways Ive seen in Europe, they will send them to you, but I wouldnt want to get in trouble bringing it into the U.S..

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Not a PPK.... but since we are on the subject of Cutaways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts