1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PPK 7,65 is having ejection problems. I already did this:

- New ejector,
- New ejector spring,
- New loaded chamber indicator spring (old one was too strong and pushed cartridge out),
- New extractor,
- New extractor spring,
- New recoil spring,
- New magazine.

The problems did not go away. The ammo I'm using is Sellier&Bellot and Geco, both FMJ. Currently I am suspecting these now, and if that is really the case, then the PPK is more sensitive to the kind of ammo than I would have expected.

The gun is absolutely clean, so no old gun powder residue on the breech face. It is all lubed well.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes the empty shell comes out half. The slide closes on the shell which partly comes out of the ejection hole. That's one of the occurences. The second one is that it seems to come loose of the extractor, and stays on top of and parallel to the new cartridge. Therefore the slide can not be closed.

The first one I described could be caused by the ammo, I believe, but I really have no clue about the second type of failure. When the shell becomes loose from the extractor but stays in the same direction as it was pulled out of the chamber, then that would imply a worn extractor or spring, but both of them have been replaced by new ones.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I don't wish to offend your shooting skills here, but the stove pipe and other jam you are having can be caused by "limp-wristing". This is common with PPK's if a person is limp-wristing. Another may be the ammo. Maybe it's underpowered, but I doubt that Gecco is underpowered. You might try a different brand and see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel not offended by it. I know that blow-back guns in general need a tight wrist. I always make sure that my grip is tight.

I tried 2 types of ammo. One (Sellier&Bellot) seems to have more failures than Geco. I believe it would indeed be useful to try some other brands as well.

There's however something else I observed:

1) Put an empty shell in the chamber,
2) Close the slide,
3) Put a cartridge in the magazine and insert the magazine into the gun,
4) Slowly retract the slide and see what happens,
5) The bottom of the empty shell which is extracted from the chamber hits the rim of the shell of the round which is still in the magazine.
6) Sometimes this resistance causes the extractor to release the empty shell even before it hits the ejector.

Could someone try this with your own PPK and tell me whether this is normal behavior?

Thanks,

Henk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You may be on to something here. You may have a bad magazine. Have you tried this with another magazine?

Also, take the magazine apart and see if the spring is in the right way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I guess that I'll just have to play around with different kinds of ammo.

Thanks a lot anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts