Walther Forums banner

PPK Dural 22 cool little gun

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tobyh&knut 
#1 ·
I bought a PPK the other day from a guy in a "group purchase". I think I scored a good one when I looked at the boxes. The PPK in 22 is actually in the box, target, etc and the matching serialed box says PPK DURAL 22. I believe that means "light" in German right, as in lighter frame? It's a sweet little gun with the brown grips, matching mag and finger rest (brown) and the reg flat spare mag. The box is that fake snake skin brown in good shape. The frame next the trigger guard says made in germany. If I knew how to post pics I would lol How much are these going for? I think with the 9 guns I got I have about 450 to 500 into it. I saw some on GunBroker for 1000+ but wasn?t sure cause no one was bidding on them. I am much more into H&K's but I needed this to complete me PPK / P5 / P88 / P38 etc collection. Thanks and what should I be looking for on this gun to see if it?s a good one or a bad one?

#2 ·
Well if it is a Dural you scored big time..... worth at least $1000 if in LNIB condition
take out the mag and off the slide and you know if it is a Dural frame (which is a alloy frame really) which comes from Duraluminium or Duralumin
It does not translate to light... but some were marked as PPK/L wich stood for light as it is a alloy frame.
If it is a Dural there is no relieve cut on the frame where the triggerguard his hinged but has the full width on the frame.
You got a keeper for sure as they don't come around much...
here is a link so you can see what I am talking about on the "relieve cut" and also some more history on the Dural....... this is a way old Dural though
http://www.panchogun.com/FVWebPhotos/FV-Walther-PPK-Dural-EN-US-Troops-Liberating-5x100px.jpg

#4 ·
VERY good info thanks! I will go back and get it out of the safe and check it out again. I will report back very soon! Thanks for the link too on the hosting site, see if I cant get some pics up so you can see it better and give me a better idea of what it is exactly

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.