Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Fenton, MI.

I recently bought a nice used PPK. It is Made in USA but there are no S&W markings on it at all. It says "Ulm/DO" after the Walther name. The beavertail is small like the early PPKs. It is blue and has a black plastic grip. Is there a place that has a serial number lookup table so I can check the date of manufacture? I've googled all over the net and founds lots of good info but so far not a serial number chart.

The serial number is XXXXAAA on the grip frame just behind the trigger on the right hand side.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Your serial number has no numbers, if there was a chart we couldn't help you. I think yours is an Interarms PPK made in USA under license of Walther. There is no serial #/mjg date available for Interarms ppks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking it might be prudent to not post the actual serial number but if it helps, it is "4905AAA" I can always edit it out later I suppose.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If you want an accurate answer to your question, it would be more prudent to quit trying to disguise it (the purpose of which usually cannot be articulated by the person doing it) and simply type the whole number. In any case, no Interarms s/n exists with 4 numerics and 3 alphas.

M (the owner of, for example, PPK/s s/n S 001940)

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Interarms Production Records

Why not just send a FOIA request to the friendly folks at the ATF? They have the Interarms production records. That way you won't have the risks of posting the serial number online. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so what era of PPK does exist with a serial number consisting of four numerics and three alphas?

4905AAA

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My serial #2380AAA has "Walther USA LLC/Springfield, Mass" on the right side of the slide. Don't know when it was made but it was purchased new in 2001.
Brent

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My serial #2380AAA has "Walther USA LLC/Springfield, Mass" on the right side of the slide. Don't know when it was made but it was purchased new in 2001.
Brent
Brent,

Thanks, that would indicate that my PPK is at least close to 2001 vintage then (or later).

·
Registered
9 Posts
After doing some extensive internet research, I found that my PPK is a pre-world war II model since it posesses a "K" suffix after the serial number.:)

Unfortunately, further stampings were machined off both the barrel as well as the slide where early models possessed the crown over "N" or more rarely, the eagle over "N" insignias.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts