Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I think this is my first post here. I'm about to purchase a LNIB Interarms PPK with the intention of pocket carrying it. I've tried to search but haven't come up with much with people's experiences. How do you find pocket carrying the PPK? Any good holster recommendations?

I live in Southern CA, so my choices are limited when it comes to pocket pistols. Kahrs don't impress me much with the workmanship and they command 650+ for a PM9. Keltecs go $500 plus, and well... I can't see spending that much on a Keltec.

I'm crossing my finger that I get a reliable PPK. This will be my first Walther.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the group. I carry my PPK IWB with a High Noon Holster that is tuckable. It is all but undetectable with a shirt over it. Even with just a T-shirt, tucked in or loose over it, you can't tell.

I have also found it to stay firmly in place carrying without a holster IWB around the house if I have jeans that are just slightly tight fitting around the waist.

My PPK has been very reliable shooting the ball ammo from Walmart for practise and I ran half a box of Winchester Silvertips through it last week with no issues whatsoever so that is what I am carrying for SD. I want to try the Corbon DPX next as that gets good reviews.

I find the PPK too large and too heavy to carry in my pocket. Someone much bigger than I might be able to get away with that though.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Welcome to the forum~~~~~~!

I am not one to trust myself with carrying IWB without a holster...that's just personal on several levels.

As to pocket carry, get a J frame. I have one in the front pocket in a soft pocket holster, almost every day - does not print. I also wear shorts every day. You can fine them for as little as $300. About 2.20z lighter, and that's with a set of CT grips on the J. To each his own. Best of luck and safe shooting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just make sure you interarms gun likes and shoots JHP's. Some don't like tha ammo. I know they are $$$, but put at least a box or two and see if there is a jam. You may just be relegated to FMJ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I carry mine in a kydex holster at 4:00 IWB. It hides under even a threadbare T-shirt.

Good advice about ammo selection. Don't load up on a particular brand till you know it'll function. Worst case scenario, it might need the ramp polished.

As for pants-pocket carry, in my opinion the PPK or snubbie revolver are both a little big. When I carried an Airweight, it was in an Uncle Mike's neoprene cheapie at 11:00. Sometimes (in public) I'd have to give it a pat to be sure I had it on, it was so light and comfy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. I DROSed the PPK today, it was mint! Hopefully this Interarms PPK is a good one.

The gun was a little bigger than I expected and heavier than I remembered. We'll see how well it carries in the pocket, otherwise I'll resort to OWB carry in a pancake holster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I carry my PPK at 4:30 IWB with no holster when out of the car and 3:00 in the car. No issues. I did switch back to stock grips w/ the Pachmayer slip on. The rubber keeps it right where it needs to be. Very nice.:)

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Just make sure you interarms gun likes and shoots JHP's. Some don't like tha ammo. I know they are $$$, but put at least a box or two and see if there is a jam. You may just be relegated to FMJ.
Good advice. But I suggest trying different makes of HP before giving up on them. FMJ is the absolute LAST choice I would make after exhausting EVERY OTHER configuration of bullet, including the frangible ones.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Good advice. But I suggest trying different makes of HP before giving up on them. FMJ is the absolute LAST choice I would make after exhausting EVERY OTHER configuration of bullet, including the frangible ones.

Dep
The Deputy is correct in this regard; find a hollow point that functions well with your gun and use that for concealed carry. I use Speer Gold Dots in my .380 S&W-made PPK/S, and they work without a hitch ... as does the gun. I'm quite comfortable carrying the Walther: It's 100 percent reliable, it's accurate, and I like the manual safety that it offers. Call me Old School, but it works for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been happy with my Don Hume H715M #18 holster w/ right side clip. I've carried it weak side pocket but most times IWB at 4 o'clock. Very comfortable CC. My PPK/S also runs better on FMJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts