Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7.65 PPK came from under the counter of my LGS and didn't have a box, of course. So being the person I am, I went looking for an appropriate box for it. I found one, apparently from Germany and formerly owned by a German police investigator. This is a photo of the inside, the same info was pasted on the outside, which someone tried to remove and was partially successful, but a lot remains. I think the original Walther logo sticker was pasted over but I'm not sure. No, it's not THE box, but it's A box and it makes me happy.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Preowned by a German criminal investigator from Kaiserslautern, Rhineland-Palatinate. Your PPK should marked RP ;)

Typical 60's alligator-style.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Fits...mine is a 68 PPK.
Yes it fits, as at the beginning of 1968 the box looked this. In the same year, there was a change in design.

Mybe you'll be able to get rid off the label on top of the box with the help of a glue remover. I had such boxes with stickers and labels on it. It works, but you have to be very careful.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
The lid looks good to me in this state. If the sticker was 9mm kurz or .22lr I probably would have tried to remove it. But since it's a 7,65mm sticker, it fits perfectly. Well done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts