Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 25 year old PPK (Interarms) that I bought in 1981. Still use it and love it, makes a great carry weapon because of it's size. Anyone have any input on where to get aftermarket grips for the PPK ? I can only seem to find them for the PPK/S and in wood for the PPK. Looking to replace the plasic with a quality rubber.

Any help, thanks in advance.

-M

·
Registered
778 Posts
Both Hogue and Pachmayr carry slip-on grips made of rubber. They slip on the existing grip. Not the prettiest, but they work for its intended purpose.

AFAIK, there are no rubber grips for the PPK like for example, the Sig P230.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A local shop near me has the Pachmayr Signature grips which are marked on the package to be for PPK/PPK/S. The shop's inventory is old so they are not designed for the newer S&W PPK/S which I glean from this forum to have different size grips. They are NIB for $30; if you can't locate them elsewhere I'll gladly buy them and ship to you.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
The signature grips will not work on the PPK....
they only work on the PPK/S

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay - so anybody know where

replacement grips for a S&W PPK can be bought ?? The ones that came with it are pretty much garbage. Wud love to replace them, but it seems impossible, unless you order the wooden ones that come with the anniversary model, and I don't think they would look too good on a stainless PPK. Does anybody have a source for grips for the S&W PPK ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Grips for S&W PPK/S

I have a S&W PPK/s for which I found a set of replacement grips at a gun show
in El Paso, TX. These are made of a composite material that is harder than
wood, but can still be sanded or ground to shape.

Unfortunately, the grips didn't come with any manufacturer's paperwork or
name, so I can't tell you who made them. The guy who sold them to me said
they were called "Black Walnut", but that was all he knew.

So, check out the gun shows. A new set of grips will make a new gun out of
your PPK or PPK/S.

Good luck in your search! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts