Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!
I am seeking help from some PPK experts in this forum. I have had this PPK for a while. I believe it to be a 1968. Any information you can help with would be appreciated. I would also like opinions on prices. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like a 1960s era PPK in excellent condition with box and original paperwork. These guns are auctioning at astronomical rates on GunBroker. I've seen them go for over $2,000.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know what you want to do with the gun but it should be cleaned, lubed and some protective coating should be put on if it has been sitting around for a while. Have you had a chance to inspect it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Possibly a little earlier than 68. I have a 68, and the sn begins 220. Anyway, as said above it's a great pistol and the proof date should be on the barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Possibly a little earlier than 68. I have a 68, and the sn begins 220. Anyway, as said above it's a great pistol and the proof date should be on the barrel.
The gun in question is a 9mm model while yours is a 7.65mm. Thus the S/N are different despite the same year. It can't be a model prior to 1968 because of the rear sight and the grip plate.

By the way, the two-digit year code you can't find on the barrel itself. It's on the barrel hood which is part of the frame. On the barrel you'll find the nitro proof sign only.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The gun in question is a 9mm model while yours is a 7.65mm. Thus the S/N are different despite the same year. It can't be a model prior to 1968 because of the rear sight and the grip plate.

By the way, the two-digit year code you can't find on the barrel itself. It's on the barrel hood which is part of the frame. On the barrel you'll find the nitro proof sign only.

Thanks, I had no idea of either points. Mine has a Ulm antler proof preceeded by 68.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the info. I will be selling this one. Need to move some of my firearms, sadly. Yes, Serial matches the box. The target is present, but no cleaning rod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, it's more like I'm humble in the presence of experts, as I am not. I know enough to be dangerous to myself, lol. I have experienced amazing knowledge in forums like this.

·
Registered
592 Posts
All I know about the PPK is that I really like it! I always look forward to posts from Martin, Dieter and MGMilke, etc. Their posts are certain to contain useful info or insights on my favorite type of pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Six posts since 2012. I admire your fire discipline.
Some of us just aren't "talkers", and don't care about post #s - while others, clearly, see post count as a badge of some sort. kinda pisses me off when I'm viewing a thread and it gets hijacked with a bunch of side-line BS and chatting with nothing related to the topic (kinda like this post? well, not quite; lol).

Nice looking PPK. I picked up my first Walther PPK/s in 22 lr (current production, more or less) just a couple years ago. I've been something of an HK fanboy for awhile (HK4s especially). But that Walther just fits the hand like a glove. It practically jumps into my hand whenever I get near it. 'shoots well, too.

With modern ammo being so much more effective than in the past, those .32 and .380 guns seem like real viable EDC options. 'not sure I could bring myself to carrying a $2500 gun as EDC, though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts