Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
how much should i pay for one of these? i see one listed for $600. I have a lead on a PPK frame so i was considering having Earl build it for me. He wants around $1400 for all parts (not including the frame i supply) and labor, a bit much but i will say that all the parts would be brand new german... Would almost be like buying a brand new german PPK. Anyone got some deals floating around?

Premium Member
He wants around $1400 for all parts (not including the frame i supply) and labor, a bit much
Or you could just buy a complete original pistol and save yourself some money. One of my coworkers has caught the Walther bug from me and recently bought a NIB Ulm PPK for around $1,000.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Or you could just buy a complete original pistol and save yourself some money. One of my coworkers has caught the Walther bug from me and recently bought a NIB Ulm PPK for around $1,000.
from where? most people want almost 2k for them.

Registered
What you are going to create is a shooter. There will be no collectors value involved. Shooters go for $450 max (though in this case since it is a German PPK, I could see someone shelling out $600 depending on the products finished condition). That is a far cry from $1400 that you will be charged to create it. I'm in agreement with the others, that you would be better served to purchase a factory made one that will hold value.

I refurbish PPK and PPK/S's and have to take that fact into account when making purchases. If the total cost would exceed to cost to purchase the same gun in shooter condition, then it isn't worth it. However, if it is something that you will truly love and cherish forever, then don't let me stop you. I would also be interested in purchasing the frame if you obtain it (I'll pay top dollar) as my parts collection has been crying out for frames for quite some time now.

Also if this was the kit that you were looking at, it is still incomplete and in need of more parts.

https://everygunpart.com/handgun-kits/walther-ppk-semi-auto-blued-8916.html

Registered
I'm sure you'll get a great gun if you have Earl build it for you but Earl is expensive.

As Watcher posted that parts kit looks like a good deal and if you have even a little mechanical aptitude you could build this yourself.
There are some good videos on YouTube on how to completely disassemble a PPK and put it back together.

Another source for parts is linked below, I've never ordered from them and if you decide to do some research to make sure they are legit.

https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/collections/walther-pp-ppk-ppk-s-22-32-380-pistol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
1 - 8 of 8 Posts