Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm bringing up the subject of probably the least liked and most uderrated Walther. It is on this side of the planet, anyways.

So how many variants are there of the PP Super? The information appears lacking, unless, there is really nothing to write much.

So far I now that there are:
2 x calibers (9x18Ultra and 380ACP)
Civilian and Police
Ugly brown grips (like mine) or prettier black grips.

Here's mine. Pain in the side (and in the pocket) finding those cases, no wonder it's not liked much...

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
2710: I think those brown grips look great. Always thought the pp super grip would allow a higher grip without slide bite - looking forward to your report on how it feels in hand when shooting.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
So if Geo had never made that deal I wouldn't have a PP Super;)? When I shot R11's the PP Super went to the top of the must have list. I had one in less than a week. I would suggest everyone get one before DUA gets his first (and not last).

Hahaha, is my bush beating getting loud enough to hear in Florida?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
The posts here cover all the “variants” out there that I know of; commercial versus police, two calibers, two mag base plates, OEM plastic grips (four that I know of), one OEM wooden grip, and one source of after-market wooden grips (Marschal, like Tim’s pistol is wearing). I know of no mechanical changes during their relatively short production run (other than caliber-related). There is some variability in degree of polish and bluing.

The PP Super is a robust and reliable pistol that is both underrated and fun to shoot. They are also addictive - I have owned 11 or 12 as I worked to get my two current queen bees. FWIIW, I have watched Gunbroker sales of the Super quasi-religiously for many years, and they seem to go through roughly 12- to 18-month popularity cycles (currently not).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts