Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
That's got to be a misprint. Perhaps an issue with over-partying during the holidays. I'd bet it was the eggnog.

For one, I seriously doubt that the Walther 9x18U barrel can be reamed safely to .364 Mak dimensions. And then, let's not talk about the chamber. Use only with very wimpy rounds.

Then there's the problem with the mag. Makarov rounds will not fit in the Walther 9x18U. Basically turning it into a single shot drama.

OTOH, a Makarov chambered for .380 can be reamed to accept the 9x18 U round. Next year might be the one I finally get on with that.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Someone could get hurt if they believed that line and didn't know any better.

You'd think that in these days of lawyers and lawsuits, the folks at Simpson's would take some extra care with the types of information they post online, although they do stress when you a buy a gun from them that they do not test-fire the firearms they sell and take no responsibility for their performance -- or lack thereof. Still, you have to wonder if that's enough anymore.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Someone could get hurt if they believed that line and didn't know any better.
Very doubtful and highly improbable. There is no way that a Mak round will fit in a gun chambered for 9x18 Ultra(Police).

It's akin to trying to chamber a .45 acp round into a .40 S&W pistol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm. They have another PP Super that's listed a 9mm Luger, but the markings in the photos show it to be a 9x18.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trust me guys those two PP Supers are 9x18 police or also called Ultra.
Walther made no such critter in the Supers! Only in 9x18 & also in 380 or 9-mmk. I,m sure they will change the listing once pointed out to Bob.

Ps. The guy that bought that 1965 boxed ppk for 495.00 should have a smile on his face? Deal!!!

Dale

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Very doubtful and highly improbable. There is no way that a Mak round will fit in a gun chambered for 9x18 Ultra(Police).

It's akin to trying to chamber a .45 acp round into a .40 S&W pistol.
Difficult though it may be, it's best to never underestimate the stupidity of Bubba. There's a reason why they put warning labels on cups of coffee these days. But you are correct: It would be a difficult task at best. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
They are very familiar with the 9x18 U round, banddr2. They also sell the Benelli B-82 of which I purchased one from them a couple of years ago.

I still say that it was the eggnog. You can never trust what's inside that mix.

Hello searcher451. I guess if you give it a tap or two with a hammer, it might go in!:D

DALE! Long time! Good to see you around, it has been a couple of years. Are you still doing business with the Kaehny brothers?:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Besides not having import marks... it is too much for a police trade, even with the brown grips...it is a "Baden Wuerttemberg" police issued PP Super
the other one is also a police trade..
though I have to say both are in nice condition.....
Perf Marine..... I agree with you on the PPK... that was a steal on that PPK and sadly it was not me :mad:
It still puts a smile on my face when I look at my way early PP Super with no import marks and original wood grips..... if only I could get one mag with the original finger extension.... I have yet to find somebody willing to part with one

·
Registered
766 Posts
one mag with the original finger extension
I do know that Earl hasn't had them for awhile. Parts 82 & 83 here, http://www.carlwalther.com/views/evppsuper.htm

Tom Heller doesn't have them. And I could think that anyone here in the US would not soon part with it. So that leaves Europe as a potential source.

However, perhaps another manufacturer has one that might fit correctly. Thinking about the likes of Bersa.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Morning,
That name rings a bell but, I must not still deal with them ?? So many names over the years & not enough brain power to keep track!!!!!!!!!

Dale

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dale
are you talking about Tom Heller or me ....
we had conversations before on the PP Super when I was looking for a the pinky extension for the PP Super.....
Jehzsa... I don't need the pinky rest other than completing the package of my fine PP Super

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well just for the heck of it...
early, no import marks, unfired, original Walther wood grips, and history on the gun from Walther....
no I did not ask at the factory about extensions for the PP Super...but it is ok... one day a mag will come my way..

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry , guess I put the post in wrong spot?
Jehzsa, now I rememder you ! Hope all is well ? Uncut, did we talk about Mark F. for the Finger Ext.,[ PP Super]? Wish all a safe & great NEW YEAR!!!

Dale

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dale yes we have...
it was a negative.... he said no extras...:mad:
maybe you could ask him again and see if he changes his mind :D
A happy and safe noew years to you too

Oliver

1 - 19 of 19 Posts