Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a PP Super 9x18 at a gun store in Athens, GA a week ago. Retail price $499. If anyone is looking for one of these, let me know and I will provide more info.

Thanks,
Blacksmith

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be nice, except that 9mm ultra/police round is almost impossible to get here and the Makarov round will not work do to differing bullet diameters!!! There is a nice Sig 230 in 9mm ultra at my FFL. It sits there to this day!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Blacksmith I have a pp-super 9x18 ultra. Ammo is expensive but you can get it and it only comes in ball ammo. If your a reloaded I can tell you how to make it with HP's. The pp-super is a fabulous pistol I wish it came in 9x18 makarov.
I load my own ammo for it so it much cheaper.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Denfoote,
I would like to purchase the Sig P230. If you read this, could you please e-mail me with the info.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That is quite a rare SIG-Sauer in the States. Not many were imported. Very difficult to find one.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Jawohl, Herr Walther. Only five models were ever chambered in 9x18 Ultra. Walther PP Super(I have one). Benelli B80(Don't
, but still looking ). Benelli B82(Have one). Sig P230. And the "Grail" of all. A Walther PP manufactured in 1935(December?) and/or 1936(just in time for the Olympics).

Considering the popularity of the 9x18 Ultra cartridge, most probably those will be it. Ever.

If one of you ever comes across that Walther PP, Sotheby's will be very happy to sell it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
9x19 police ammo

Help! I live near Vancouver BC, Canada. I own a PP Super since the early 80's,but never had a chance to shoot it since I have no ammunition for it. I have been looking all over the place. Apparently I am unable to purchase ammo in the US as a Canadian,apparently as a result of 9/11. Can anyone help me find some ammo or brass for this caliber.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Your PP Super uses not 9x19 (which is standard 9mm Luger/Parabellum), but rather 9x18 Ultra (not to be confused with 9x18 Makarov, which is something else entirely). The only remaining maker of 9x18, as far as I know, is Fiocchi, and it's shown on pages 32 and 33 of their online U.S. catalog. You should be able to obtain some of that, I would think, even if you have to special order it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
9x18 police ammo in Canada

You are right
I mis-typed, I did mean 9x18 Police, not the 9mm Para nor the 9mm Mak...and yes I know the differences.
The question I asked was how to obtain this cartridge for my Walther PP Super here in Canada. Yes I have ordered it from a Canadian dealer, and I have been waiting and waiting and waiting some more. I used to be able to go to the US and purchase it. There was not, neither is it now, a problem to import it into Canada for private use (5000 rounds max). The problem is in the US. As a Canadian I am not allowed to buy any ammo and bring it home in Canada without an export permit from the Us. Apparently if I do manage to purchase any kin o ammo in the US, and on the way back home I am stopped by Us Customs, they can confiscate my car and throw me in the slammer, and fine the hell out of me. Welcome to the home of the free. I was under the impression that we Canadians are your closest allies! Amazing since the ammo is not even manufactured in the US. So here I am attempting to resolve my problem. Does anyone have an idea how to resolve it. Does anyone know how I could obtain some brass to roll my own?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated
Regards

·
Registered
670 Posts
Based upon case measurements there might be a possibility to cut down 9 X 19 cases with a case trimmer and create your own brass. I would test fit a couple first as it appears the base will be your problem area. I have heard a lot of folks on this forum shoot .380 through their 9X18 Ultra PP Super with no problems.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Can't speak to the problems of our Canadian friends, but you can buy 9x18 Ultra/Police if you are willing to pay for it. I just bought some vintage GECO for $0.68/round, delivered, on GB, and I got 100 rounds of some recently-produced Fiocchi for a few cents more from an online supplier. I was told that Fiocchi makes one run of 9x18 each summer, so maybe try looking for some on the market then. If you just gotta shoot it and can't find any Ultra, you can try some .380. I haven't had any trouble cycling and firing .380 in my 9x18 Super, but I don't do that often.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I am new here but am happy to see that some other folks have an interest in the PP-Super. I currently own a couple of used ones (one has been refinished) and two NIB Pistols. I just got that 'Bug' a few years ago ... LOL

Yes, Fiocchi is the only current maker of 9x18 Ultra/Police that I know of. You 'might' find some of the German Geco ammo listed on Gun Broker, and such, on occasion.

This is my 'Re-Finished' Walther in 9x18 Ultra - I have owned it since 1986​

·
Registered
5 Posts
9x18 Police/Ultra ammunition and/brass

Well as I stated in my post last March,still no luck in obtaining Fiochii or any other make for this calibre. I also understand that since your President and CNN started their anti gun crusade practically every calibre has disappeared from the market from everyone making sure they had enough supplies for years just in case your Democrats win bot the House and Senate. Belief me, we in Canada have similar problems. At least your rights are enshrined in your constitution,in Canada it is deemed a privilege and not a right.
Anyhow, I still have the problem, I have a license to own and shoot my weapons, as long as iI hire an armoured truck,make that two,one to carry the handgun locked in a case, and the other to carry the ammo to the range of my Gun Club. You think you have problem(grin)?
I need some help, preferably loaded carriages and brass for reloading. If I can get Fucchi ammo then I will obviously safe the brass. Anyone know where to find some re-loading data. I have a number of Speer manuals and a Hornady,none of which have any data for the 9x18 Police or the Ultra version, they are the same. I need some help for my Walther PP Super which I have never fire since I bought it in 1980.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Denfoote,
Purchased the Sig P230 Ultra today. Sent check and FFL. Thank you so much for the lead. Really appreciate it.
Hey, congrats on the SIG P230! Please post some photos in the Free Range section of the WF. I was very tempted by one of these in 9x18 a few months back, but it was a lower priority purchase than some others.

As you know, 9x18 ammo can be found if you are willing to pay for it. I like to shoot the Ultra after some .380 to better appreciate the caliber; sort of half way between .380 and 9mm. There is one commercial reloader I found that usually has the 9x18 in JHP, but he told me that he had no plans to make any until the hoarding of better selling ammo is over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help! I live near Vancouver BC, Canada. I own a PP Super since the early 80's,but never had a chance to shoot it since I have no ammunition for it. I have been looking all over the place. Apparently I am unable to purchase ammo in the US as a Canadian,apparently as a result of 9/11. Can anyone help me find some ammo or brass for this caliber.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hinterlandoutfitters.com just got a bunch of 9x18 Ultra Ammo in stock

1 - 20 of 39 Posts