Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought me the "combat handguns" magazine and to my surprise there was a article about the PP Super.... nothing but praise.... I have it scanned.. and when I get my computer back I am going to post it here...... I know there might be not much interest... but I got it for those who wanna read it....

·
Registered
734 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...nothing but praise
I guess we knew that already, didn't we?
Would love to read it here, however, not being a copyright lawyer I'm worried about the legal implications of publishing it here. If any. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. Just being conservative. Don't really know if there will be any legal implications.

However, if indeed it cannot be safely posted here, what edition is it? Guessing the July 2006. Please correct me if I'm wrong, uncut.
Now there's a gun mag I'd buy, haven't bought one in ages.

FWIW, have a pet project on my mind right now. With a couple of boxes of Fiocchi ammo. Take out the truncated cone FMJ bullet. Replace it with Barnes DPX 90 gr .380 bullets. According to my rather deficient calculations, this should give a round that goes at least 1080-1090 fps, Hirtenberger specs. And at least a .45 FMJ hole with full 90 gr weight retention. Only problem is, can't find Barnes 90 gr .380 bullets retail. Anybody knows where I can obtain them?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm interested.  I have a PP Super, a SIG230 and a Benelli B82 in 9mm Ultra; I also have a PP Super in .380.

Great pistol in either caliber.

Please e-mail me a copy if you don't post it here.

thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
FWIW, http://www.starsandstripesammo.com/index2.html   custom-made ammo for the Super. Have to contact them though, among other things, so they can explain the difference, if any, between their 9x18 Ultra and 9x18 Police ammo. It just might be due to the darn chart that no one knows where it came from or who authored it.

On their behalf, they do seem to have different options.

·
Registered
734 Posts
This is the reply to my first inquiry from starsandstripes.

"We do make 9X18 Ultra ammo. There are a number of bullet options, but typically the lighter bullets tend to work best in this cartridge due to its size and limited propellant cpacity.

Original German Luftwaffe loadings used a 123gr FMJ bullet at a fairly high velocity. The lighter 90gr 9mm bullets doe quite a bit better in so far as consistency goes. Our 90gr Speer Gold Dot HP loadings runs about 1,100 fps and is an excellent personal defense loading.

For plinking we can load any of the 95gr to 100gr FMJ bullets which give you a little bit of economy on this moderately priced cartridge. Prices start at $37.99/box of 50. We also offer reloading services and will encourage you to save your brass and send it back to us for reloading so you can save money on your ammo costs.

Give us a call to place an order or to go over any other questions, 954-917-1129

Kola"

I will try the GDHP. It's a pity they don't seem to carry the Barnes X bullet.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am back from the way to long break..... I still have the article and will post is soon... my old computer went broke and then I went to Germany.... sorry for the delay.....
I prolly post it over on the P38 or Glocktalk forum since I still don't have a place to host files myself.......

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have contacted you guys per mail
I guess I can't get it online.... so whomever else wants this articel just shoot me a email and I will send it to you

Oliver

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn't see an e-mail address so I sent you an PM.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cigarman.... I thought my email will show in your regular mailbox once I send you an email through the board.... sorry about the confusion....
I sent you another email through the board here.... I did not get your PM at all

though I did get GHP's pm

Oliver

·
Registered
174 Posts
Excellent article! Thanks Uncut!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
neener neener neeener...... I doubt they are there anymore

remember when I said I got some cheap mags too.....

they had 3... and I bought them all....they are all 3 used and from what I cant tell from a police rig spare mag pouch... due to the rubbed of blueing on one spot..... where the snap button would be....
I got them in the hopes of getting the PP super in .380 some day and not having to worry to have extra mags.....

but call them and see ... maybe they have more... the list I got it from looked different... it was PDF file... so who knows... never hurts to ask right !!!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no problem.....I was stoked too when I saw it... then I was thinking... man they should had taken my PP Super for the pics... would had been much nicer than this police trade...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got all excited about a pristine PP Super on wwwgunbroker.com until I checked around and found out the unusual 9X18 Ultra/Police ammo would run me about a buck a round...  

The PP Super didn't sell last time around as the highest bid was $500.00 which obviously was below the reserve..  It has been re-listed again, but I don't need a $500+ Walther in a weird caliber that I might not even be able to get ammo for in the future, and even if I could it would be prohibitively expensive..

I shoot all of my firearms.  I think this nice offering is just too nice to shoot, so it would do me no good.

But one of you Walther collectors should snap this sucker up!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1000 rounds for $168 at SOG (Southern Ohio guns)
Not sure where you were looking for ammo.....and there is plenty of it...
Which of the 3 good looken ones on Gunbroker where you talking about..all are over 500... some over $600

but on the other hand.... you could get  this one in .380

how would you like this one

·
Registered
734 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...until I checked around and found out the unusual 9X18 Ultra/Police ammo would run me about a buck a round...  
Only for SD rounds. For plinking, as uncut said, the Geco stuff is affordable.

SD rounds here, My Webpage 90 gr. Gold Dot HP going at around 1075 fps. Call him. Btw, it is not my webpage. Don't know exactly how that title got there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts