Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know about the rest of you Waltherforum members, but there is nothing I like more than a long thread full of gun pictures. Walther has manufactured some of the best looking pistols ever made, so why not share a picture of your favorite PP, PPK, TPH, or TP, we could even include the b**tard spawn of the '68 GCA ... the PPK/S!!!

To get this started, here is a picture of my 1971 PPK/S .22LR, it's a fine shooter I picked up a few years back. My problem has been the stocks, I liked the black thumbrest, but they make the little pistol "unholsterable". I was envious of MGMike's Nill grips on his .22 PPK, but they are out of my range money wise. I lusted after black horn stocks - but they are made for the S&W only...

I thought I would try some of the Manuhrin brown grips - looking to make my PPK/S look more like a PPK. Thankfully, forum member "Malysh", came to my rescue when he noticed an old WTB post I had put up some time back.

So to start this thread off, thanks to Malysh for a super smooth transaction, accompanied by a picture of my PPK/S with it's new shoes.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here's a "rebuild" I posted a while back...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Very nice PPK Searcher.
I am a little confused as to why it has a screw head on the left side of the grip? Is it a replacement?
With a gun in the 60 degree safety serial number range, I would think such an early grip would not be correct.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Brad would you telling us about your rebuild? At a quick glance the only thing I spotted was a set of post war two piece grips, which is a good idea for those of us who want to shoot their prewar guns and not stress the original grip.

·
Registered
713 Posts
They're all beautiful pieces of art. Malysh, here's the thread on 153's PPK Rebuild, it's very cool.

·
Registered
662 Posts

I gotta get some new pics :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Tanfoglio certainly has the bases covered!!!! Love those Manuhrin variations....

Thanks to those who complimented by PPK "Rebuild", the success of that project has more to do with the old saying about a "blind hog" than anything else.

My other PPK, from 1968:

An old picture of my Modell PP imported in 1966, it's a .380. For you fans of Skeeter Skelton, this pistol is about 70 numbers from his:

1 - 20 of 407 Posts