Walther Forums banner

PP/PPK serials table - Jan Balcar's books

23K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  SyncroGJ 
#1 ·
As I have already mentioned here in another post, I was impressed by the books by Jan Balcar. I have just bought two of his new ones called "Samonabijeci pistole nemeckych ozbrojenych sil" in Czech. Not only I have found a nice serials table for PP/PPK there (not based on the others rotating on internet, I think), but also a lot of information, drawings, etc. I know, that there won't be much people able to read Czech here, but I suppose it will be translated in english too as his earlier one was - The P.38 Pistol Spreewerk Production: Jan Balcar,Ron Clarin: 9781604583649: Amazon.com: Books If so, don't miss the books. For all of you non-Czech readers I took a picture of the table, you find it in attachement Bal_S.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As has been mentioned previously, Ron Clarin (Ron from Minnesota) is a member here, and Jan Balcar has stopped by from time to the time. The Spreewerk book is a terrific resource for P.38 owners/collectors. We'll have to do some checking to see if this new work will be released in an English edition. Thanks for posting this, Sycro. It's good information, and the chart should be of interest to all PP/PPK owners.

#7 ·
It has the Ulm slide.

It also has the "Eagle over N" stamp in two places, one with a 68 to its right and what looks like an antler or elk horn next to that (on the ejection port)
and one more stamp that has been stamped over with an "XXX" near the grip too. I don't know if those other stamps might help...

#11 ·
PP32 serial number

As I have already mentioned here in another post, I was impressed by the books by Jan Balcar. I have just bought two of his new ones called "Samonabijeci pistole nemeckych ozbrojenych sil" in Czech. Not only I have found a nice serials table for PP/PPK there (not based on the others rotating on internet, I think), but also a lot of information, drawings, etc. I know, that there won't be much people able to read Czech here, but I suppose it will be translated in english too as his earlier one was - The P.38 Pistol Spreewerk Production: Jan Balcar,Ron Clarin: 9781604583649: Amazon.com: Books If so, don't miss the books. For all of you non-Czech readers I took a picture of the table, you find it in attachement Bal_S.

Exactly what I was looking for to determine when my PP32 #750666 was manufactured.

#13 ·
You are going to have to cough up a whole lot more information than that to get any idea from anyone here, joe. I'd suggest that you start a new thread in this section and provide some sharp photos that give us clear idea about what you own, with a description of the pistol's overall condition and whether it's mechanically sound. You also might want to read the What Do I Have Here/What's It Worth? thread in the meantime.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...e-what-do-i-have-please-start-here-first.html

#17 ·
A Walther PP in .32 ACP with a serial number starting with 390... was manufactured sometime during 1945, heading toward the end of the war. The ac designation was the Walther plant's secret Nazi code designation, designed to keep the Allies from knowing where firearms were being manufactured. Someone along the way swapped out the frame and slide for whatever reason. We'd need good photos to tell you more.

#18 ·

Attachments

#20 ·
Danke Schoen to all of you.

Thanks for the help on dating the manufacture of my PP s/n 138xxxP. This pistol was distributed to Brazilian navy officers around 1952, I am not sure what happened between 1938/39 and 1952, so I still have a bit of a mystery to deal with. The PP and PPK were popular pistols in the Brazilian armed forces in the 60's. I will see if the Czech books are still available on Amazon. I had no idea there would be such a good group of Walther buffs.

#26 ·
You would be surprised at how many read Czech. Me for one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.