Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have just bought a 1966 Ulm PPK. I’m wondering if the longer PP magazines will fit. Obviously they would stick out of the bottom, but apart from that would there be any issues? It would seem to me that if I was carrying the PPK and extra magazines, that extra round in the spare magazines could prove handy. I would of course use a proper PPK magazine in the gun to aid concealment.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Works just fine, and you get an extra shot. But it's just not right. The magazine catch was designed to hold it in place and prevent dropping downward but does nothing to limit upward travel. Any upward pressure whatsoever on the base of the protruding magazine would cause the feed lips to foul against the slide during operation and all but guarantee a malfunction.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is why it’s important to ask these questions!

I have a Detonics 45 Auto that uses full-length 1911 magazines just fine. They are positively engaged and cannot ‘overtravel’. Seems the same is not true for the PPK. Thanks for keeping me straight! Looks like I will just carry spare PPK magazines and try to make every shot count if I ever get into a sticky social situation.

·
Registered
629 Posts
This is why it’s important to ask these questions!

I have a Detonics 45 Auto that uses full-length 1911 magazines just fine. They are positively engaged and cannot ‘overtravel’. Seems the same is not true for the PPK. Thanks for keeping me straight! Looks like I will just carry spare PPK magazines and try to make every shot count if I ever get into a sticky social situation.
Keep your eyes peeled on ebay, from time to time you can find 10 round aftermarket magazines for the PPK and PPK/S. I have two of them and they feed just fine and are properly made to prevent overtravel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go to Ebay and look for XGrip Magazine Adaptor for PPK. I use them with Mecgar PP .32 mags in my PPK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fantastic. They are plentiful and cheap on EBay. Next question is, do later PPK/S magazines work in a 1966 PPK? I know there are grip differences and later grips won’t fit on earlier guns like mine. What about magazines? Will any old PPK/S flat base magazine work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts