Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My recently acquired PP in 7.65 was imported by CDI of Swanton VT. Aside from a slight fading of the finish it seems to be in great condition. On the right side of the frame just by the top of the trigger, it says "ID" with an antler following it. Any idea on when it was imported? SN is 468XXX. It also has a lanyard square ring. It only came with one magazine. Will the new stainless magazine for PPK work for this? My magazine holds 8 rounds.
thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Congradulations, "ID" is a date code that I believe indicated it was proofed in 1983, indicating the year of manufacture. The antlers stand for the proof house in Ulm, Germany. I recently purchased a PP from the same importer. I purchased a new PPK/S magazine for $25 and it works great. They only come in stainless steel though. The PPK magazines will not work, they are too short.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Banddr2. I really like this 7.65. The feel, styling and weight is just right for my small hand. If I can only find another magazine for it...
I guess I'll try Ebay.
thanks again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aggiedad50 @ Nov. 23 2004,6:38)]Thanks for the reply Banddr2. I really like this 7.65. The feel, styling and weight is just right for my small hand. If I can only find another magazine for it...
I guess I'll try Ebay.
thanks again.
Try CDNNinvestments

If they don't have the factory (Walther) mags, do not be afraid to buy the MecGar mags (these seem to actually work better than the factory ones).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll try CDNN. It is actually in Abilene where I live. They do not have any storefront - just like a warehouse. If I want something I have to call the 800 #. I can not just walk in there to buy something. You must be a FFL dealer to get in - with permission from the management.
I purchased a P38 from my local dealer and I asked him to get it from CDNN. I had it in my hand in about an hour!!
Just got their new catalog this afternoon so I'll look for the PPK/S magazine. thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts