Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a .380 pp and have always wanted to know how old it is, and how much it is worth in $ and as a collectable maybe you can help me.

It has a serial number 20xx4 A, has an eagle over N mark, also on the barrel that shows in the extractor has number 65 plus an elk antler and another eagle.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Your PP was made in 1965. Hence the 65 on the chamber hood. The antler is a sign for the Ulm proof house in Ulm, Germany. The federal eagle over N is a commercial marking. The N standing for Nitro or non black powder gun.

Depending on its condition, additional markings, engraving, etc. the PP will be worth between $200 and $1000 or more. From what little you gave me, I'm going to guess that its and average PP. If its in 95% or better condition I would say worth to be around $500. The problem with PP's right now is that there are a lot of them from police trade in's. The PPK's are more valuable, because they are banned from import via the GCA '68. (I'm assuming you live in U.S.A.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks P88,

Now I now for sure my walther is almost 40 years old! It looks good except for a couple of spots on the slide and fires like new.

I do not live in the US so the pp is a litlle harder to get here, mine has no other marks or engravings so I guess you are right about it being a normal one.

It is my daily carry on and since it is not worth a fortune I think I will continue to use it daily. If you had said it was a very special one then I would have bought an hungarian FEG9 (Browning HI-Power clone ) and put this one on the cabin, so I am in a sense happy to know it is a common not too valuable one I can enjoy and carry without remorse.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
wpp9mmk,

You're welcome. You might consider getting the FEG also, just for the bigger cartridge. The PP is great for deeper concealment however.

Enjoy your PP!

By the way what country do you live in?

Devin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts