Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK
I put a Walther PP .22lr on hold.....
box, target, manual one mag with finger extension.......80% blueing $430 including shipping
Now the question is..... What on the PP frame is so fragile that it could break through when "blasting"
I had called Robar yesterday to see about them refinishing the PP in a Roguard finish.... the lady on the phone flat out told me they won't do the Walther PP due to the chance of some part on the frame breaking while blasting ?
She couldn't give me details... and as I don't have the PP in my hands and it is half way accross the country I can't look in person....
Then I called Tripp.....they would do the PP but I am not sure if their Cobra coat is simmilar to the Roguard finsih,,,,
Then I thought I might just hardchrome the PP and just do the trigger and the safty in the cobra black.......
Anyhow what is so fragile on the PP frame and does anybody here have a PP hardchromed and maybe some Pictures

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I have some advice for you - I would not go w/ the Cobra Coat - I had a 1911 done by Tripp recently, after he did my SW99 and P99 slides.

He messed up both the hard chrome and cobra coat (it was to be a 2 tone gun), and there were some other issues. Long story short - I sent it back and they fixed the hard chrome. They lost 1 part, though, and also the cobra coat came back even worse than the 1st time. I finally got fed up and just got rid of the gun - I would have had to send the slide back a 3rd time.

They sent me another part to replace what they lost. BUt, I don't know if I would ever deal with Tripp again - If I do, it would only be to hard chrome a slide - I would never trust an entire gun to him (there were some fit issues initially), and I would never get his cobra coat again.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda shitty.....
you know after looking at all those nice hard chromed Pistols Dr. Lunde had done through Tripp
I had my heart set on the Roguard to keep the PP all black... but since the lady flat out refused to take the PP....(but then again the .22lr might be different from center fire ones)
well I will wait and look at the PP once it gets to me..... as I still have another half of it to pay, at this point I have 60 days...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check out Checkmate & Fords. They do excellent work and might have what you're looking for. Here the link to Fords:
www.fordsguns.com. Checkmate doesn't have a website. If you call them at (352) 799-5774, they will send out product literature.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
I went with Ford's on My HK P7M8 & have been realy happy with the results..
Here's thier Link WWW.FORDSGUNS.COM
Here's a pic of my Hard Chromed P7 with Matte finish & Brushed Flats..
Looks 10X better in person as my Camera Is a POS.. Dr. Lunde I'm Not!!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's kinda what I have planed for my PP .22lr with the Nill grips on .. or the Black patmeyr (spelling)
or the black chrome ... but I am not sure how well it will hold up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts