Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New here to the forum and Walthers. Hi...
I recently purchased a 1960 French PP (as they all are as I understand)
I have a quick question/concern...should the hammer release be loose enough to actually rattle?
When the hammer is down or cocked, with an empty magazine/chamber the HR will rattle when I shake or move the gun around.
There is no rattle when the safety is engaged.
With the slide removed I can see that the HR has about 3mm or so of up/down movement to it.
I have not fired it.
This does not seem "normal" to me...
Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds like the spring or detent is missing that creates tension on the safety. There are some YouTube videos that show how to take the slide apart to check if you're handy.

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont see any spring for the hammer release. To be a little more clear, I'm not talking about the safety/decocker, this is a little triangular shaped piece that is visible on the left side that is visible after removing the slide. It sits just behind the ejector.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... a little triangular shaped piece that is visible on the left side that is visible after removing the slide. It sits just behind the ejector.
That part is normally loose and free to flip up and down if the pistol is shaken when the safety is "OFF". It's just that you have better ears than mine.

M

·
Super Moderator
14,410 Posts
But Mike, at your/our age, almost everyone has better hearing than us. I don't know about you, but I'm in stage 4 of CHS.

·
Super Moderator
7,530 Posts
Q: What do you call an old shooter?
A: Any damn thing you please. He won't hear you anyway.;)
Moon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts