Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just picked up my Manurhin PP. It is in great shape. One problem though. It is missing the firing pin. I called the dealer and they said to send it back and they would replace it. With shipping and another FFL fee it would cost more than twice as much as replacing the pin myself. Numrich shows four types of pins ( flat, round, late style round and early style round ).What would I look for on the slide to tell which to use? I couldn't take a close enough picture to show the slide details. The frame serial # is 423xx but the slide is mismatched. Thank you for any info that might help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are no FFL fees if you already own it and it is registered to you. You can ship it directly them, and they can ship it directly back to you. You likely would have to use UPS or Fed Ex rather than USPS.

I shipped a gun to Wilson Combat for a trigger job and they sent it directly back to me via Fed Ex. Naturally a signature is required for delivery. That’s if you ship the whole gun. Do you need to ship the whole gun?

No. You just need to ship the slide which will easily fit in a small flat rate USPS box. Round trip shipping under $20, and since they sold you a gun without a pin they should be paying it....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Without knowing the terms of the deal (as is, no returns? Hope not.), it would seem to me that the dealer should assume the shipping and repair costs. FFL transfer doesn't apply to firearms sent for repairs to an FFL holder and returned to the firearm owner.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... The frame serial # is 423xx but the slide is mismatched.
If the slide is mismatched, what's the number on the slide? That's where the firing pin has to fit, not the frame.

And what's the caliber? That matters, too.

Details, details....

M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sending just the slide was a great idea. Checked with them and they said ok so that's what I did. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The slide has 743 etched into it and it is a .32 caliber. You are right. The devil is in the details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts