Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is possible to put a PP barrel into the PPK/s slide...
though I said I wouldn't be looking for a suppressor, I think I might change my mind
I got the G22 and thought I might pick up a cheap PP in .22lr
and then drop the barrel into a PPK/s
then I could use the can on 2 guns... and I always wanted a PP or PPK/s

the other question ... the outer barrel diameter on the .320 and .380 is it the same than on the .22lr.... it would be a lot easier to track down on PPK/s frame in .320 or .380 then one in .22lr

·
Registered
81 Posts
In the same caliber, it is possible to put a long PP barrel in a PPK frame and use the PPK slide. If you try a barrel of another caliber, you will have problems at least with the extractor and magazines. A .22 barrel in a .32 or .380 will not work as the firepin isn't at the right place (.22 are rimfire), the chamber indicator is a potential hasard and the slide is thinner and lighter.

Generally speaking, .22 PP are not the cheapest variant...

Bye.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Laurent
not sure why I didn't think of the rimfire and firepin myself....
I seen a few cheap PP's in .22LR (300 and 400 US Dollars) which I might get one... just to have it....due to the fact that they are so rare........though the finish on them is really rough...
The one for $400 is out of Ulm but doesn't have all the markings that later PP's had (but has a matching serial numbered box) ...
unless somebody knows of fake PP's in .22LR I am not too worried about the markings due to that it has also a matching factory test-target
there is a few that are in the higher price range due to better finish... but they are without box....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is there anybody on this Forum that has a suppressed PP,PPK or PPK/s in any caliber....
if so could you post pics and give a short summary on who did the work and how it's working for you?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
You mean like this? This is my German-made PP in .22LR caliber:

Here's a picture with the threads covered:

And one with the threads uncovered:

I had the threading done through Advanced Armament, the manufacturers of the Pilot suppressor you see attached to this PP. I believe the cost was around $150 or so. Unfortunate that the threads stick out, but that's the way it is I guess.

I too had thought about using a PPK with a PP barrel so you can simply thread the end of the PP barrel and away you go, but I don't have any cans in .32 ACP caliber, and I can't find any. If I had a 9mm can, that would work out fine, since the diameter of .380 ACP is the exact same as 9mm. Might do that later, but the problem with suppressing 9mm is that you can only use 147g sub-sonic if you wish to avoid the rather loud and unpleasant ballistic crack of exceeding the speed of sound at around 1,100 fps.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jgilbertson
is that the same can you use on your G22?

I found another guy with a suppressed PP in .22lr over at Glocktalk... he had his done through gemtech...
waiting to see pics of his PP ....
He also said he might get his G22 threaded but wasn't sure on legalities ... due to Walther being a import rifle.... Since I don't have the first clue about that I told him about yours ... plus I saw one not too long ago for auction on gunsamerica I belive, that came with a can for about 850$

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look on page 4.. almost on the bottonm

another pp .22lr suppressed

SO do you like yours Jgilbertson ? any problems at all with it...
I really didn't think about getting a blinker as a psitol.. but the more I think of a can for the G22 the more I want the PP to go along with it...

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yes they are the same can. I also can use it on my P22 and my just acquired SIG Mosquito. Gotta love cans.

GemTech is a good manufacturer as well, owned by one of the legends in the suppressor world, Phil "Doc" Dater. The Outback would be their comparable model to AAC's Pilot. In fact, the Outback was first, but had aluminum threads which can get messed up if you're not careful. The Pilot always came with steel threads. Now I believe there is the Outback II by GemTech which does have steel threads. You won't go wrong with either can.

As far as threading the barrels of imported weapons, I believe that is referring to Bush Sr.'s 1989 AWB. It doesn't include .22 weapons or pistols, only centerfire semi-auto rifles and shotguns, so yes you can have a G22 threaded as well.

And yes, I love the Pilot. Great can, but really, any of the major manufacturer's .22 cans (AAC, AWC, GemTech, SWR) you can't go wrong with.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for that reply......great info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts