Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a PP in the 380 caliber. It has no import marks and the finish is rough but still very nice. the slide is marked Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis(Thur)
Walthers Patent Cal 9 m/m Mod PP.It's dated 73 on the barrel.Came with box with matching serial #, 2 mags and a test fire sheet. Can anyone provide any info? I think I have a Hybrid. The slide appears to be pre-war based on the markings (crown Over N) but the frame seems to be post war (73 antlers). Could this be?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
It looks like a factory refinish of a pre-war PP: new barrel on a pre-war frame (re-proofed and stamped in 1973) and pre-war slide. Or new barrel and frame to match a pre-war slide. Ulm did that kind of work for customers like police departments.

The other option is a private mix to get a 9mm PP.

The box and test fire sheet should provide some infos: number, original caliber...

You should submit to the P38forum (www.p38forum.com) where very knowledgeble people like Orv Reichert and Dieter Marshall are active. They will ask for the complete serial number to determine the year of manufacture.

Interesting piece, anyway. Keep us informed!

Bye.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts