Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site and to my PP .32/.380 and need to know the secret to remove the threaded .32 barrel so I can convert to the .380 when needed. I have soaked and soaked with penetrating oil to no avail. Thought about trying to heat frame with heat gun and then trying to unscrew the barrel. ? is will the heat gun ruin the bluing? Any ideas will be welcomed. Thanks, Mike :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well been several days and no replies. so I thought I would trigger this request again to see if anyone knows anything about the problem? thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
Can you post some pictures of your weapon? As far as I know this isn't a conversion to be undertaken lightly, if it is possible at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics

Can you post some pictures of your weapon? As far as I know this isn't a conversion to be undertaken lightly, if it is possible at all.

here are a few pics, thanks. After seeing the pics I begin to ? if the barrels are interchangeable. Maybe you can fill in the blanks (no pun intended) what does that .380 barrel go to? thanks , Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The barrel fitment of the Walther PP is semi-permanent and not designed or intended to be readily swapped out to change calibers whenever you get the urge.

Stop molesting it before you wreck it.

M

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
MGMike many be more direct than I am but he is certainly correct.

You may want to look at buying a 380 weapon rather than trying to convert your 32.

Frankly the 32 is much more enjoyable to shoot and is the platform the weapon was designed for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts