Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Walther PP 7.65 made in Germany with the original box and paperwork. Should the Modell on the factory target match the serial number? There’s a date stamp of 66 on the barrel next to something resembling an elk antler. Does that indicate it was made in 1966. Thank you for your assistance.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
The serial number on the target should match the pistol serial number.
The 66 on the barrel shroud equates to 1966 proof date..
The deer antler is the Ulm proof house mark.
You should also find a couple of stamps of an eagle over a letter N, this the then West German nitro proof mark..

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Where should I find the West German nitro proof mark? I believe it may be on the slide ahead of the safety and on the frame under the serial number.It is stampedW.Germany on the frame under and ahead of the ejection port. Any Idea what the letters Nds inside a square mean. Thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
499 Posts
... Any Idea what the letters Nds inside a square mean.....
I was going to ask about any agency markings. Commercial PP's of that vintage are uncommon here. That Nds marks your pistol as a retired police pistol from the German state of Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony).

A W. Germany stamp on the frame would have been applied by the importer.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The barrel is blued. I see both blued and unbound barrels. Does this indicate it was refinished?
Bluing is common, no worries. Enjoy your NDS police surplus pistol, they are typically well cared for. Although carried often when in duty, they were usually not shot much before being retired.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
I can lighten those pictures for you if you wish. Below is one I purchased....$350 out the door with a box of ammo. But, it was missing the ejector spring and the hammer would follow the slide forward on occasion. A generous and helpful member here sent me spare parts for free, new ejector spring and hammer block with spring. I installed them and the pistol shoots 100%. I have to keep it away from my wife....she will shoot up all my .32 ammo. Yes the extractor is missing in the photo....I took it apart for cleaning and did not have the extractor installed for this photo. '69 manufacture. 1917

1 - 14 of 14 Posts