Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 1976 PP-22 as new in Box. Has the longer PP grip frame vs PPK as normal, but OAL of slide is same exact as my 1939 PPK 7.65.

I cannot find a picture of another one like this on the web,,, they all appear to be longer in the snout (3.9 vs 3.3 inch barrels..?)

Is this true of all 22lr PP? Are only the larger calibers made with the longer barrel length?

I tried to upload pics but apparently not allowed for a newbie.

Update; I'm seriously starting to think this is a mis-labelled PPK/S.. it seems all short barrel are PPK or PPK/S no PP's.
Wish I could load pics.

ScottRT

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Not sure why you can't upload pictures. Many of us use Imgur. If a few posts are required....start postiing something even if to say hello, post something at some other section you might find of interest. Welcome. Something doesn't seem right. PPK slide on PP frame....???? I don't have all of these in .22 but the PP barrel on my .32 is much longer than the PPK/s of any caliber. Pictures sure help answer a lot of questions. 1917

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike and 1917. The jpg file size is only 42kb but I get a "failed to upload" prompt. I successfully posted some pics at other gun forums....

Yes, it is odd to have a PPK length slide engraved with "modell PP".
Also. I noticed that the included test target has the serial number of the gun clearly printed on it in a good size font, but next to modell it is stamped PPK in faint blue ink/smaller font.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I don't know what 42 kb means in regard to what is usually linked here...but at Imgur you can host and choose the size of the photo, hit copy and then paste here. I've never had any issues but sizing is not something I really know much about. How are you trying to host the photo?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am using this sites uploader to 'manage attachment' , which puts it right on the server, or at least trying.

Alright, I added links to a host server that seem to work if you click them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts