Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just picked up a Occupation Built(?) PP with the military paperwork to let a T4 bring it home. The pistol is at approximately 100% of finish. However, the machining is a bit rough (or would coarse be a better word?). The fit is good and the function is flawless. The frame and slide S/N do not match, but the color of the finish is matching. I remember the slide has an AC below the S/N. Best guesses as to value? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It sounds like an E. German rework. I see them go for $260 to $400 depending on condition.

If it does not have an import stamp on it, it could be a mismatched GI bring back, or even toward the end of the war some PP's were mismatched at the factory. If this is the case it would be worth more, but we would need some good pictures to really help you out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like an E. German rework. I see them go for $260 to $400 depending on condition.

If it does not have an import stamp on it, it could be a mismatched GI bring back, or even toward the end of the war some PP's were mismatched at the factory. If this is the case it would be worth more, but we would need some good pictures to really help you out.
It is not an East German Rework....Like I posted it has the ETO paperwork with it and is id'd by S/N on the paperwork.

It is not Nazi proofed. But there is an AC beneath the S/N on the slide. Lots of machine marks still on it. If the owner will let me I will take some pictures of it and post them. After all it is his pistol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I misunderstood your original statement "occupation built" to mean Soviet. That looks to be a correct mismatched PP with the Birch grips. I believe the last few months slides and frames were mismatched by the Germans in order to get more guns ou before the end of the war. However, since I see no German proof marks it is also possible it was assembled by GI's who occupied the factory. But then again I do not know if the Germans would of proofed their guns in the last month of the war. If no one else here know, post your pics on the p38forum.com and I know someone there will help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts