Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere on here is a step by step post w/ pic on how to disassemble the slide in order to clean where the striker is. I did a quick search of old posts and did not see it. And, I don't see it as a sticky.

Can someone help me? What is the link?

Also, if I remember correctly, U just clean that area out with something like gun scrubber, and you DO NOT put any oil in there, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Dec. 19 2006,6:01)]Somewhere on here is a step by step post w/ pic on how to disassemble the slide in order to clean where the striker is. I did a quick search of old posts and did not see it. And, I don't see it as a sticky.

Can someone help me? What is the link?

Also, if I remember correctly, U just clean that area out with something like gun scrubber, and you DO NOT put any oil in there, right?
There was a picture in this thread topic: "Got me an early one P99".

It's not my picture; I just saved a copy of it when I first saw it long ago.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, that helps. I was just curious how the decocker button and spring is dealt with once ya take out the striker. I needa do this soon on my compact P99.

What about the oil issue? No oil at all in the channel, right?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Correct - NO oil in the striker channel.

Just wipe off all parts with a cloth lightly coated with some light oil........ then dry with a cloth and reassemble.

JF.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I wanna clean that area out, so I may hit it with some gun scrubber inside the slide. Then, like you said, just lightly oil the striker components. I got a lotta gunk I can see thru the hole in the back of the slide from carrying a year - I figure I needa go ahead and do this soon. Probably right before I go to the range again - that way I can make sure everything works after I am done.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I"m da man!
- hahah. I did it. First time I ever went beyond a basic field strip... Now I know how to do it on my other 2 guns

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Dec. 19 2006,2:08)]Ok, I"m da man!
- hahah. I did it. First time I ever went beyond a basic field strip... Now I know how to do it on my other 2 guns
it is good to remove the striker assembly unit after every 1K rounds for cleaning. As you found out Shipwreck, it is a easy procedure to disassemble.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, my other guns are over 1K - I needa do it soon. This compact only has about 850 rounds, but is carried in my pocket all the time. Got kinda dirty in there. It really wasn't bad inside - it was just the area immediately inside the cover that just looked real dirty.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no reason to do that. I can clean under the claw fine w/o remove ing. To remove that, I believe ya gotta knock out the roll pins.

·
Registered
97 Posts
To remove the extractor, all you need to do is is push a punch into the plunger indent on the underside of the side (right behind the firing pin safety). Use a small punch and you will be able to removed the extractor, firing pin safety, the plunger and the extractor spring. The firing pin must be removed first.

Man it's good to be back!

·
Patron
212 Posts
Popping out the extractor and cleaning that slot (and the extractor) is a good idea and is actually easier than the striker unit itself. Just be a little carefull that when you remove the extractor to keep a finger over that hole to make sure the spring and plunger don't fly away into the nether lands.

I have a stockpile of tiny springs SOMEWHERE on the floor in the shop that I'll probably never find!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have noticed that the channel for the striker does not build up residue much, but the area inside the extractor channel right near the breach face gets caked. Good idea to clean it every so oftain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Return the extractor spring, retention plunger, and safety plunger into the slide. Press the retention plunger down and begin to replace the extractor. When it is started but not fully installed, press the safety plunger down and push the extractor in til it clicks.

Then replace the striker, decocker, and back plate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts