Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
My guess is they just didn't make that many. .32 and .22 mostly. But I vaguely remember someone posting a thread or link to a very nice 9mmk PP here...oh, sometime in the last year. I thought about getting it. Reasonable price as I recall but I just didn't want another .380. I do like PP models though. Simpsons had one....sold for $1,800. 1917

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I don't know if there is a list of them by SN range or not. I'm sure someone has a bit of information on the number produced. I don't know if Interarms/Ranger produced any. You might look at the SN FAQ and see if any are designated as .380 versions. For some reason there isn't much factory data on those. MG Mike could have helped I expect. 1917

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Ah heck, I didn't pay attention to the after 1968. Were any made? I think the one I was referring to was from the '50s. The one at Simpsons that had sold was a ZM manufactured one. 1917

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1917, I have looked at most available list of post war PP380's. PPK and PPK/S on various list seem to out number the PP380 about 10 to 1.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Manurhin/Walther made about ~70000 pcs, Walther (after 1986) ~8500 pcs.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
No PP was ever made by Interarms/Ranger 😉

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I understand no Ranger/or any other Interarms past 1986, Just trying to clarify 70,000 PP380's from 1946 until 1986 give or take a few thousands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SDDAVE,
Congratulations, your illustrated Walther PP is beautiful, if not too much trouble, can you tell us how much I pay for it? Well, not too long ago I bought the same one from the year 1971 and I have my doubts about its real market value.
41xxx A Serial Number.

I just bought this a few weeks back. 71 (1971?) stamped on the barrel.
Thanks and congratulations again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sure I can. I paid $1300. The pistol looks to have been fired very little, if at all, other than at the factory. Not a single mark on it, pristine. Came with one magazine, original cardboard box, cleaning rod, and test target. The divider in the box is missing, and no owners manual. I ordered two finger rest magazines from Earls.

I shot it for the first time yesterday. I had an issue at first. For the life of me I couldn't pull the slide back enough to get the first round to feed. No matter how hard I tried. The first round would get pushed forward just enough to make it very difficult to remove the magazine. It did this with all three magazines.

So I had to set it down and take a step back. Then I unloaded one magazine, inserted it into the gun, and pulled the slide back until it locked open. With the slide locked open I inserted a fully loaded magazine, pulled the slide back to release it, and let it go. First round fed perfectly. So I just repeated that, shooting 50 rounds, with out further issues.

The safety / decocker is stiff, and a bit gritty. Double action trigger pull is not pleasant at all. Compared to my PPK/S which is smooth as glass. But my PPK/s was a "service" pistol for 28 years. Many rounds down range both in practice and quals.

Accuracy is very good. I put 50 rounds in a 10 inch circle at 10 yards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SDDAVE, enjoy reading your answer, as I relived the emotion of when I bought my PP, since both pistols are from the same year and almost NIB conservation, mine also brought the complete serial box with all the papers both magazines and the small tool to disassembling the extractor.
I did bring from Europe, the Czech Republic, two beautiful walnut root grips, but I keep the original black plastic one. I have always thought that a beautiful pistol like the Walther PP Series deserves a walnut wood grip set.
Fortunately, mine works perfectly and like yours it seems to have fired almost nothing.
However, I had a big question that scared me in the blue finish, it disappeared thanks to an expert opinion of Mr. Martin.
I couldn't shoot her anymore, I take care of her a lot, she's a queen.
The first thing I did when I received it was to do the basic campaign disarmament and remove both grips and I cleaned it with paraffinic kerosene, all the gun including the interior of the barrel, I always do it when it is an old weapon because they usually accumulate old dirt and grease inside .
Then I lubricate everything with WD 40 and finally, with a clean cloth with a few drops of 3 in 1 fine oil or another similar one, I review the blue exterior finish.
I hope that your gun is perfect and that it only has dirt and lack of use and that is why its feeding problem.

I have two questions, one is my original magazines lack any brand, yours too?
What is the approximate serial number of your 1971 pistol? mine is "41xxx A"

As for the hardness of the trigger and the gritty movement of the manual lock, I'm sure it's only a matter of non-use because the gun is brand new.

I do not have a dynamometer, to measure the hardness of the trigger in DA and SA. Maybe you do have a chance to do it.

I congratulate you !! again for your beautiful pistol, it is a beauty and I understand that you bought it at a good price.

I live in a small country where there are not many opportunities to find a Walther PP, NIB, and more difficult in caliber 380 ACP, I looked for it for years, I was actually looking for a PPK, but then I settled for getting a PP almost NIB, and Now that I know more than before I tell you with certainty that the Walther PP is a better pistol than the PPK, and that the PPK / S in fact the PP is only 0.6 inches longer than the PPK / S, that is nothing. And instead you have the best French / German quality, greater distance between sights, greater stopping power and less recoil.
What you think ?

Thanks for your answers .
Sure I can. I paid $1300. The pistol looks to have been fired very little, if at all, other than at the factory. Not a single mark on it, pristine. Came with one magazine, original cardboard box, cleaning rod, and test target. The divider in the box is missing, and no owners manual. I ordered two finger rest magazines from Earls.

I shot it for the first time yesterday. I had an issue at first. For the life of me I couldn't pull the slide back enough to get the first round to feed. No matter how hard I tried. The first round would get pushed forward just enough to make it very difficult to remove the magazine. It did this with all three magazines.

So I had to set it down and take a step back. Then I unloaded one magazine, inserted it into the gun, and pulled the slide back until it locked open. With the slide locked open I inserted a fully loaded magazine, pulled the slide back to release it, and let it go. First round fed perfectly. So I just repeated that, shooting 50 rounds, with out further issues.

The safety / decocker is stiff, and a bit gritty. Double action trigger pull is not pleasant at all. Compared to my PPK/S which is smooth as glass. But my PPK/s was a "service" pistol for 28 years. Many rounds down range both in practice and quals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes Hi Pera. My serial number is 37***A. Ours are close together. Both my PP and PPK/S
have terrible double action trigger pulls. My PPK/S I sent to ROBAR for NP3 coating. That really slicked and smoothed things out. Both pistols give me hammer bite. Both pistols have a snappy recoil. Im going to shoot my PP a lot. I want to break it in and smooth it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts