Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lakeline guide rod/spring assembly in my PPS M2. When dry firing the gun, if I keep the trigger depressed, the lakeline recoil spring does not have enough power to fully return the slide to battery if I ride the slide slowly forward. It stops about 1/4" from the front.

The factory rod/spring fully returns the slide to battery. The gun seems to work fine when live firing but was wondering if this should be a concern. Basically the lakeline springs seem to be slightly less strong than factory, especially toward the end of travel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am confused as to what your objective of the process is intended to accomplish. Please explain.
Function test the new guide rod and spring. I don’t remember where I heard about this specific test but I didn’t invent it.

The fact that it performs differently from factory is alone concerning.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
If this test result is concerning I suggest you contact lakeline and get their recommendation. There are a number of friction points throughout the slide cycle and those plus internal dirt/grime and insufficient lubrication could affect the slide locking into battery.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have that same assembly in my PPS M2. It has worked without a problem during live fire. I will have to try what you are doing sometime today and see if it does the same thing. I don't recall it ever doing that, but it's been a while since I dry fired it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that same assembly in my PPS M2. It has worked without a problem during live fire. I will have to try what you are doing sometime today and see if it does the same thing. I don't recall it ever doing that, but it's been a while since I dry fired it.
I would appreciate that. Just to clarify I am keeping the trigger depressed and slowly controlling the forward movement of the slide.

I cant remember where I found this function test but I came across it while trying to troubleshoot a P80.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I tested mine over lunch. I kept the trigger depressed and slowly let the slide forward. It went into battery and still dry fired fine. I'll have to dig out the original rsa later this evening and compare it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
About a year ago, I purchased a Lakeline RSA for my PPS M2 and discovered right away that the springs on it were noticeably weaker than the ones on the factory RSA, which, for me, defeated the whole purpose of getting an aftermarket RSA. I created a thread about that here. I could not find a way to non-destructively remove the springs from the factory RSA and transfer them to the Lakeline unit, so I just stuck with the factory RSA. Lakeline unfortunately didn't offer the RSA with heavier springs.

However, even with weaker springs, the Lakeline RSA is able to return the slide of my PPS fully into battery when riding the slide slowly forward with the gun pointing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts