Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a PPK with serial # 772XXX in 7.65. Gun looks to be in good condition with a little bluing wear. I have not yet seen it in person. From pictures, it has the 90 degree safety.

I am trying to arrange an opportunity to meet the owner and get eyes on this little gun.

Asking price is $1600. No box or anything else. I know the insane prices people are getting for these guns so that price seems reasonable.

Is there anything in particular I need to be forewarned on in regards to the vintage of this gun?

I have been looking for a PPK in original caliber for quite some time and do not want to let my desire override my common sense.

Thanks for any insight.

NQ

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
More pictures are required for a better assessment of value, but you can find cheaper commercial PPK's from pre and post war depending on condition on gunbroker or Legacy Collectables in the 12-1,300 range.

·
Registered
929 Posts
1600.00 for a good conditioned pre war PPK is fair. That said, from the poor photo, it looks like this one might be possibly re blued? If so, 1600.00 would be way too high a price.

·
Registered
273 Posts
PPk price

You might try Handguns of the World(website). He may be on the high side but you will get good stuff. I believe he has a couple of early PPks listed, and also a couple of RZM models which obviously will bring a big premium.

·
Registered
247 Posts
PPK

I've jump on it at $1600.00. Two years from now you will say should of, would of, could of. I can't tell you how much times I've done it. The valve and available of finding this type of gun is limited.
Skip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.