Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know if the Portuguese army (including GNR) used de PP or PPK? The civil police used them, but the military?

Do the Portuguese use the triangle inside a circle as the only mark on their P1 pistols, or did they have other markings as well?

Has the Legacy Collectibles book on the Walther pistols a Portuguese section?

· Registered
854 Posts
Hi,

I would like to know if the Portuguese army (including GNR) used de PP or PPK? The civil police used them, but the military?

Do the Portuguese use the triangle inside a circle as the only mark on their P1 pistols, or did they have other markings as well?

Has the Legacy Collectibles book on the Walther pistols a Portuguese section?
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

· Premium Member
3,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Dieter Marschall's book doesn't mention Portuguese Army use of the PP/PPK but that doesn't mean they were never issued. He does have a few paragraphs on the P38/P1.

The Tom Whiteman book only covers the German SS.

Do you have any evidence of Portuguese military use of the PP/PPK?

· Premium Member
3,780 Posts
The female member of the GNR has a Walther PP. Am I right?
It's hard to tell. It has the shape of either a PP or a clone. I see a bump on the bottom of the frame which looks like it could either be a lanyard ring or a heel magazine release.

Do you recognize which agency this is? You could contact them directly and inquire about what sidearms were issued.

Building Automotive tire Gas Asphalt Wood

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has the same coat as her colleague and he has a GNR emblem on his left arm. The Portuguese used the Luger, but that holster covers the whole pistol. It's not a P38, because that has a flat magazine underside. This magazine looks like it has the extended part of the PP magazine. So PP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts