Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my P99 the other day and noticed that while the slide picked up fingerprints easily, none were evident on the polymer portion.

Given the texture of the polymer, can fingerprints be lifted from this section of a P99?

·
Patron
212 Posts
We can get prints off skin and paper, so you betcha!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
:p
better make sure you were some latex ones before you put on the shooting gloves though

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
U sure U can get prints off of that if U don't have a lot of oil on your hand? I have worked with police officers a lot in the past, and I know that there is a lot of stuff they cannot get prints off of. It's not quite like CSI in real life.

·
Patron
212 Posts
No.........not if things are oily. You are correct. Things smudge easily.

·
Registered
130 Posts
U sure U can get prints off of that if U don't have a lot of oil on your hand? I have worked with police officers a lot in the past, and I know that there is a lot of stuff they cannot get prints off of. It's not quite like CSI in real life.

I am certain. You'd be surprised at the evidence that can be recovered, if the crime warrants it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm guessing finger printing techniques and technology has advaced considerably. Some tests and techniques are probably fairly expensive so they are not used very often but as Blueiron points out, " if the crime warrants it" the ability is there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts